ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Or just take them from her, pretty sure she can't stop you (physically) lol

I would have to go to Ispheming Michigan where she is now. I dont want to do do that at all.

I'm jealous. Uber jealous. :( Looks amazing Kat :)

Also.. Zeph... good job :)

THank you Cutie patootie.

You might get a laugh out of this one. 1982. Whos that on top ?LOLzephyr3.jpg

Deleted User 3

I would have to go to Ispheming Michigan where she is now. I dont want to do do that at all.

THank you Cutie patootie.

You might get a laugh out of this one. 1982. Whos that on top ?LOLzephyr3.jpg

.... nice! but... hahah! you graffiti artist! I used to draw graffiti but im shitty at it. I draw cartoony things, and stuff, I can't draw real life things.

Very cool. I dont know him personally, but I have been well aware of him for a long time.

I wish I had all my old photographs. My X took them ALL. My enitre youth of graffitii and subway cars. THat collection was priceless to me. Maybe I can bring that up in the divorce.

Small world. He paints alot of trains now. That is all he talks about. When I buy a house soon he is gonna come and paint the entire inside of the garage. Not sure what I want him to do yet though.

Deleted User 3

EEEKS!

Santa sent me a bottle of refractor tear calibration fluid and my salinity is very high! Holy shi.it!

Need to bring it down gradually.

Anybody know how gradually?

take some out and put rodi in, in the same amounts.

jedimasterben

EEEKS!

Santa sent me a bottle of refractor tear calibration fluid and my salinity is very high! Holy shi.it!

Need to bring it down gradually.

Anybody know how gradually?

Nobody ever believes Ben when he says never to use anything but 35ppt to calibrate a refractometer. :rolleyes:

I would change it no more than 0.001 per day. You'll need to adjust your dosing to make up for the loss in calcium and carbonate, but don't worry about that until salinity is where it needs to be. Everything will find its place!

How bad is it?

Nobody ever believes Ben when he says never to use anything but 35ppt to calibrate a refractometer. :rolleyes:

How bad is it?

Well actually Benny, it is because of you that I got the calibration fluid in the first place. Mike asked me about my salinity when the ALK/CALC was frustrating me, and you chimed in, here we are.

It is bad. I'm surprised I'm not seeing my livestock suffering, or maybe it is and it will ow blossom, who knows.

What did you calibrate with before? I calibrated with distilled. I should probably buy some calibration fluid. Now I'm worried. haha

So a little bit about salinity. Swings are not instant death, not nearly what's described in forums. If you aren't over 1.030 I wouldn't expect everything to die over night. Remember, it's been this way for a while, it didn't get there over night.

I'd try to keep the swing under 0.001 every 2-3 hours and you'll be fine IMHO.

@ eddie

Yeah, distilled calibration is bad. Get some fluid and go calibrate. That reminds me, I should check the calibration on mine.

Where are people getting calibration fluid? I looked on BRS and shipping is $11! I'm not paying almost double to ship something. The fluid is $6.

I don't remember where i bought mine. I do remember thinking it came with it but it did not. :( Guess I'll have to pony up and pay for it.

That painting Zeph did is awesome Kat. 10 hrs later home from the mother in laws. It was not to bad had some good food drinks and played Wii all day. Me and the wife got a 250 dollar Visa gift card sure I will not see that card again.

What did you calibrate with before? I calibrated with distilled. I should probably buy some calibration fluid. Now I'm worried. haha

I used to calibrate with RO and also distiller, clearly not a good thing.

That painting Zeph did is awesome Kat. 10 hrs later home from the mother in laws. It was not to bad had some good food drinks and played Wii all day. Me and the wife got a 250 dollar Visa gift card sure I will not see that card again.

You see! That wasn't so bad. Coach has an Insane sale going on, she can get 2.5 bags for that gift card.

I have that journey tomorrow. I'm sure I won't get to play Wii or get a Visa giftcard. I really might kill myself as her family lives in a cell dead zone and are not any fun. :(

I used to calibrate with RO and also distiller, clearly not a good thing.

You see! That wasn't so bad. Coach has an Insane sale going on, she can get 2.5 bags for that gift card.

She wants a new stainless fridge. I bought her a new Ipad 4 some expensive crap from Sephora and a Nike Fuelband.