Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

my commission may be high for my qualifications but i did offer to voice over for scale. a guy has to eat right? :lol:

on a side note, nice frags. :)

Just beautiful!

Do you have to feed that gorg every day? Do you even know? Do you do what I do, but frags and ask questions later?

on a side note, nice frags. :)

Thanks Tink.

Just beautiful!

Do you have to feed that gorg every day? Do you even know? Do you do what I do, but frags and ask questions later?

Thanks. I've done that (buy first ask later), but with this I googled. Yes you have to feed daily if not several times a day. It will accept most filter feeder cuisine, I dose phyto (live), oysterfeast, and reefcleaners filter feeder formula daily. Every other day the tank gets mysis or brine or squid or cyclopeeze.

chilled_fire

wow ! your tank is looking awesome, last time i saw this thread was a month ago, whhen it was getting its live rocks but now looks like a year old tank :)

And as usual a very good collection of corals :)

Is the BC14 still running ?

Avi! Are you back? The BC is a macro fuge now. I'm moving the lights over tonight or this weekend and re installing the stock PC lights. Then once the macro is moved over (or sold as I have a LOT) then its time for cleaning and selling it.

How did your tank do while you were away?

Btw the xenia didn't make it. :(

And I'm looking for a pistol shrimp again :(

chilled_fire

I am telling you connect the BC to ur RCM and use it as a refugium :) you wont regret it. you could even add mangroves in it.

Sorry about the Xenia, i can give you more its growing like crazy in my tank , climbing walls n all .

infact i can give you a big bunch now

My tank is doing great, surprisingly everthing grew more when i left it unattended for a month :) looks like no touch method helps them, the algae on the glass was only problem when i was back , had to spend 2 hours cleaning it.

what happened to your pistol ? i found mine in my overflow box and its doing great in there so I am thinking of leaving it there , every evening while watching TV we can hear its loud clicks :D

Going to MA tonight to see if they have anything new .

I am getting jealous of the coral list you have :P

MA is 25% off at my meeting at the end of the month so don't go crazy. Yes no tinkering method works well.

My pistol probably died, it was the same miniscule size from liveaquaria. Ill check the BC thoroughly when its empty.

chilled_fire

What meeting ? and what date ?

Sorry to hear about your pistol and yes those were really small, even my sexy shrips were double thier size, no wonder it became a nice dinner for my cleaner shrimp .

Kat, if you want xenia, you can have mine. I can't give that crap away locally. Literally. I've been letting my Jawfish kill it by burying it... so let me know if you want me to save it for ya.

I like the pics! We need more :) New frags are so exciting. It's weird how we can watch corals for so long and they don't even move :P

LED's are in!

I finally un installed my 1 panorama PRO and 1 stunner strip from the BioCube, (re-installed the stock PC's) and installed the LEDs in the MAX as supplements to the stock T5's. Going to run the LED's for a couple of hours at low intensity gradually bumping up the intensity. Then longer periods on.

And.....

IMG_20120303_183100.jpg

:wub:

altolamprologus
LED's are in!

I finally un installed my 1 panorama PRO and 1 stunner strip from the BioCube, (re-installed the stock PC's) and installed the LEDs in the MAX as supplements to the stock T5's. Going to run the LED's for a couple of hours at low intensity gradually bumping up the intensity. Then longer periods on.

And.....

IMG_20120303_183100.jpg

:wub:

I see a pistol, but no shrimp goby...I can't remember if you already have one (too many tanks to keep track of).

Can we get an up close pic of that sexy mandarin? :D

Are you gonna get a buddy for the cleaner? They're cute when kept in pairs.

chilled_fire

a mandarin ? kool . is that ORA ?

I got a few frags from MA this weekend 25% off on ORA stuff. Javier also mentioned about the month end meet.

I see a pistol, but no shrimp goby...I can't remember if you already have one (too many tanks to keep track of).

Can we get an up close pic of that sexy mandarin? :D

Are you gonna get a buddy for the cleaner? They're cute when kept in pairs.

I have a Yasha named Charlie. He's made me cry a number of times by disappearing.

I want to get another yasha (a female) because I think Charlie is a boy. :huh:

Percy the Mandarin is camera shy and cruises in the darker parts of the rock work but I'm really looking forward to getting some pictures for sure.

LFS robbed me blind with the cleaner price, the mandy was the same price. I want to (maybe) get a wrasse eventually who might make a meal out of the cleaner, but if I don't then yes I'll get another one, they are fun to watch. Mine is called Mooch. He's still shy, not giving me a manicure yet.

a mandarin ? kool . is that ORA ?

I got a few frags from MA this weekend 25% off on ORA stuff. Javier also mentioned about the month end meet.

It's called a LFS-Green-Mandarin-that-eats-nutramar-ova-and-ate-cyclopeez-also-today

omgomgomg

I'm in love! Sorry about the blurry pictures. The only reason I was able to get these at all was because Dingbat decided to terrorize him out of his spot to get to the Nutrama Ova. So that meant he came up into the lighted part of the back of the tank for a few minutes.

IMG_4097.JPG

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

chilled_fire

"LFS-Green-Mandarin-that-eats-nutramar-ova-and-ate-cyclopeez-also-today"

Thats a small name :)

Good to know that it eats cyclopeez , even MA had a few of these but they were not eating frozen food.

For the skunk , these guys are smart , they sneak in on corals while feeding and steal thier food, sometime thay are so annoying.

My brothers kids names him Percy but he needs a more majestic name IMO.

Sebastian.

Bartholomew.

William.

Theodore.

Edward.

Octavian.

Anthony.

Leonardo.

Marcus.

Julian.

James.

altolamprologus

He's so pretty! Very nice choice :) I'm not sure what you mean by the LFS robbing you blind for the cleaner. Cleaner shrimp are usually the same price or more than a mandarin.

I've bought cleaners before for a buddy's tank, they were $10 cheaper than what I paid. Maybe they just had a lot. The same LFS had barnacle blennies for $14.99 and now that they are bigger (and VERY mean OMG!) they are $34.99