SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I stopped at Mr. Coral when I was in DC for St. Patty's. I wasn't that impressed and didn't pick up anything. Glad you found some stuff worth buying!

Happy Easter Kat.

Thank you D. Happy Easter you and the family as well, happy egg painting.

I stopped at Mr. Coral when I was in DC for St. Patty's. I wasn't that impressed and didn't pick up anything. Glad you found some stuff worth buying!

Did you see the cute mandarin and tang in Sonnys vat?

And what about that humongous hermit crab that's been living for 3 years?

Thank you D. Happy Easter you and the family as well, happy egg painting.

Did you see the cute mandarin and tang in Sonnys vat?

No. I didn't see anything really. There was a guy at the front counter but he was on the phone the whole time I was browsing and never said hello or I'll be right with you or anything. I walked around the tubs two or three times and saw a couple pieces I liked but I wasn't sure how much they were. I waited for a little bit but the guy never got off the phone or even acknowledged my presence so I got pi$$ed and left.

Builder Anthony

lol i dont know i kind of like being left alone browsing stuff i think you like atention.Well what girl doesnt.Sometimes its good to just walk out though it can save you money down the road if they see you buying everything they never drop a price.

Edited by Builder Anthony

So got home yesterday after spending about 3 hours on the road opening up the frag bags to get air in them and re-packing them. Tight knots on those bags man! Plus Ken had put no air in the bags so that had me worried enough to start opening them to stir up some water and try to get more oxygen in them.

Came home and bubbled them in selcon for about 5 minutes before putting them on a frag rack, in a bucket floating in another bucket of warm water. Added an airstone and a T5 light and left them to eat and breathe all night. This morning they look fine, less pissed off, the gonipora and sympodium are still closed but those are the most difficult of the lot I picked anyway.

Will try to get pictures when the QT tank is set up (it's growing pods ATM).

Have a great day everyone.

Edited by metrokat
lol i dont know i kind of like being left alone browsing stuff i think you like atention.Well what girl doesnt.Sometimes its good to just walk out though it can save you money down the road if they see you buying everything they never drop a price.

I wasn't looking for attention, I was looking to spend my hard earned money. If a retailer wants to get my money they have to be available for questions and show that they care that I took time out of my day to enter their store. A simple "Can I help you?" gives me the option to say either "yes" or "I'm just browsing right now". They don't have to be all over me, just available should I decide to make a purchase. Since whomever was at the desk the day I went to Mr. Coral didn't treat me like a potentially valuable customer they will never see a dime of my money. End of story.

I wasn't looking for attention, I was looking to spend my hard earned money. If a retailer wants to get my money they have to be available for questions and show that they care that I took time out of my day to enter their store. A simple "Can I help you?" gives me the option to say either "yes" or "I'm just browsing right now". They don't have to be all over me, just available should I decide to make a purchase. Since whomever was at the desk the day I went to Mr. Coral didn't treat me like a potentially valuable customer they will never see a dime of my money. End of story.

+1. I find thats a problem with LFS's around here, I get really annoyed when I have to wander around for a long time and eventually go find someone to have them help me. I'd rather them ask me and give me the option, like you said. I don't think that's "needing attention"

Paigee I have a little stick I beat all the tank inhabitants with. The nem seems unaffected however. :huh:

haha I have a little stick too. It's mostly used for pointing and poking when friends say "Oh wait... all that stuff is alive?" Newbs :rolleyes:

I'll print up business cards and try to get myself a weekend LFS job, "ooh look at those new gucci glasses". I should practice at the mall this weekend. :rolleyes:

In other news, I dreamt that I ordered a Midas blenny from live aquaria and the one I got did not have blue eyes or a blue butt hole. :blink:

I think I need a vacation.

:huh::lol:

I've had a scarlet hermit for 5.

+1. I find thats a problem with LFS's around here, I get really annoyed when I have to wander around for a long time and eventually go find someone to have them help me. I'd rather them ask me and give me the option, like you said. I don't think that's "needing attention"

I agree. I hate it when I'm not asked or at least acknowledged. But to play devil's advocate, I'm sure LFSs get people in there all the time just for fun that don't know anything about reefing or plan on getting into the hobby. Hell, even reefers probably browse a lot without ever buying. It's a tough business.

I agree. I hate it when I'm not asked or at least acknowledged. But to play devil's advocate, I'm sure LFSs get people in there all the time just for fun that don't know anything about reefing or plan on getting into the hobby. Hell, even reefers probably browse a lot without ever buying. It's a tough business.

Probably. But maybe those people would end up deciding to start a system if someone took 5 minutes to show them some beginners stuff. My fave LFS has probably 5-6 guys on duty all the time. Every time I walk in I'm greeted by name and the guy that almost always helps me shows up as soon as he's done with whoever he's with when I enter. He will answer every question I ask, walk me through everything in their tanks and still let me leave with nothing. That's why I am willing to pay their slightly higher prices. I'm paying for their knowledge and patience.

altolamprologus
One SPS frag has RTN. It was the fresh Frag Ken made for me. :(

Well there's your lesson, never bring home fresh cut frags! Sorry you had to learn the hard way though :(

altolamprologus
True, but I also brought home 2 fresh cut unmounted frags from my clam friend and they survived.

They often survive, but the death rate is much higher than with healed frags

True. Put my pod culture in a beverage dispenser.

IMG_20120409_222730.jpg

This is my cat's former bathroom, now about to be turned into the fish room. And then maybe the cat will let me move his litter box back into this room making it a critter room.

Edited by metrokat
altolamprologus

IMG_20120409_222730.jpg

This is my cat's former bathroom, now about to be turned into the fish room. And then maybe the cat will let me move his litter box back into this room making it a critter room.

Nice! That will make it super easy to strain. That's a lot of phyto though. You can really back down on the dosing

IMG_20120409_222730.jpg

Mmm, green tea w/ginseng...

I fed some live brine shrimp to the tank today and to my Betta. Everybody enjoyed a treat. Draco the mandarim was fascinated and may have chased a few of the shrimp, I did not see him eat them however. Will try again tomorrow with the ones that are being gutloaded with selcon .

I also got live bloodworms for Draco. scary looking things.

Builder Anthony

my freind used to use a plastic fork to get them out of a small styrafoam cup it used to freak me out to because it was looking like some sort of food with the fork stuck in there,but it strains them pretty good from the goo :)

I once seen them in the wild to they were a red blob in a small puddle.If you ever see them in the wild you will know why there called blood worms.My first impression is there was a spot of blood on the ground.There was a bunch of frogs in the area in drying up puddles too.

IMG_20120409_222730.jpg

Great idea! That would not work in my house, I know in a drunken stupor I'd have to sample some of that.