• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

A few more random photos. I still haven't really used photoshop to edit anything but have been trying to get a lil more use out of Lightroom. Main thing I aimed for on some of these was changing the contrast to give a more dramatic and enjoyable photo.

How ya likin' it?

I drooled all over it the moment I took it out of the box. This is top end medium quality. I got this lens to give me a good normal view lens on my crop sensor as the 50mm prime was a bit to zoomed in as well as clunky. $500 is a lot of money but I am very pleased with this lens.

Gotta keep in mind that this is a wide lens and in many cases, isn't the best lens to use. It also isn't near wide enough for any kinda special wide angle shots. When used right, close to the subject, this will make the subject stand out and bring the surrounding scene into the picture with depth.

As for the quality of the glass. I don't think I can praise it enough. I an now sold on asymmetrical lenses. One of the main reason's I went with this lens over the 50mm 1.4 was for the ring style USM. This lens has actually set the standards for any other lens I buy.

The young salvia leaf and applebee's photos were taken with the 28mm and cropped. I feel the depth of the photos is perfect for a natural feel. I couln't ask for any improvement in the lens or the photos it takes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Please tell me that is your daughter and not just a random girl you saw as you walked by.

Im not sure what you are reefering to.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Love the mushroom one. :)

Thanx. I've really been digging that one myself. I was at the park yesterday. I spotted this mushroom on the stump. Now I like mushrooms but never find any that is worth shooting. This one got my attention so I get down and take some shots. Later that evening, I loaded them onto my computer and didn't really care for any of the shots. Just as dusk was approching I grabbed my 7D, my 28mm 1.8 and my Speedlite and went back to the park.

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 430ex speedlite as well.... ESSENTIAL piece of equipment (i'm still using a rebel XT, I'm almost at enough $$ to buy a 5D, but for now its my rebel and my 50mm) Although the 50 prime is a great lens, the rebel XT sucks in low light situation, even at high ISO. but I use the speedlite everywhere now. I rigged up a bounce card on it, its incredible for event photography.

Getting that 5D is going to change a lot of things for me, photography and video wise.

Archived