Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bishop's Photography.

Bishop

I was out today and took some photos of random things. I am still learning to use my camera. I saw a nice shiny Lamborghini Cruising the streets so I drew my camera from the bag, popped the cap off like a pringles lid and fired away while at a red light. I was shooting blanks. Focus was good. Aperture was great at 2.0 shutter speed was like 30 and it was a very sunny moment.... Delete.

I'd imagine some of my photos would really do good with a pass through photoshop or atleast elements. Strait from RAW to here, they are what they are.

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

IMG_1577.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What cam were you using for these shots? And what lens? They all look incredible.

Using a canon rebel t3 with a 50mm prime. I really love the nifty 50 but I've been noticing one problem with the lens. Due to the wide angle, it makes taking strait lines a challenge. Such as taking skyscraper photos. I'll post a couple examples of this. One of my next steps is to look for this when taking a photo and change the way I take the photo.

As for the Canon t3, This is a great camera without totally breaking the wallet. I'm more than satisfied with it. What I like most about this camara is that while being a full feature entry level DSLR, It is designed to be easier to use for the beginner photographer. I found this camera to be much easier to use out of the box than my old casio exilem point and shoot.

Spend yesterday taking photos. The outdoor shots where all to bright. Today I realized why. ISO set at 800 under the sun. Set my camaras auto ISO to max at 800 and set the ISO to auto.

IMG_1803.jpg

I was contemplating my actions at the next red light.

IMG_1840.jpg

I thought this was what you came here to see. This is about as good as the 50mm prime gets for macros. This one was cropped not resized. This is full resolution. The kit lens can zoom a bit more and focus much closer making a better macro shot.

i like the focus elements of the first three pics. very nice, very nice.

Thanx. I like the way it takes a photo of absolutely nothing and makes it interesting.

You're off to a really good start. What are you using for post processing?

I have not been using anything for post processing. I've got Adobe Photoshop though not extremely familiar with it but I used Paint shop Pro a lot years ago. Just got a copy of Adobe Lightroom and I very quickly grew a lot of love for this. A friend, Louis, came over tonight and showed me lots of valuable things in Photoshop. The Layout of Lightroom makes it my favorite option for post processing and makes a huge, HUGE, Difference in the photos.

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1638072.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

I've come to realize that it's near impossible to get a FTS of my tank that I am happy with because of the bowfront. Learning how to crank my iso up and correct the noise after the fact has done a lot to improve the reef photos. My new 55-250mm zoom lens is nice to work with too. Everyone said it is a much better lens than the 300mm and I am very satisfied with the IQ I get.

IMG_2375.jpg

I got some photography experience in today and learned a little more about my camera. This shot came out and it is my favorite photo so far. The more I look at it, the more I like it.

Nice shot and composition, not sure if you're familiar with the "Golden Mean" but if you're not you pretty much hit with the pole and shadow line. Which is why you, and I, like it.

+1 to using Lightroom but since you have Ps, duplicate one of your shots into two layer, then try the auto color/tone/etc adjustments on the bottom layer then go into curves or levels and try to duplicate the results on your own, that will help you get the hang of color correcting.

HTH.

Nice shot and composition, not sure if you're familiar with the "Golden Mean" but if you're not you pretty much hit with the pole and shadow line. Which is why you, and I, like it.

HTH.

Thanks Joel. This shot was an auto focus mistake that just turned out perfect. What I like about it is that it is a photo of absolutely nothing (the pole) that keeps pulling my eyes away from something much more interesting (the girl) which is placed right where the eye normally looks in a picture. I don't know what the Golden Mean is but Im gonna find out. I do know what the rule of 3rds is and I feel this photo just abused it.

golden mean, golden ratio, golden spiral, fibonaccis sequence--all the same thing really

521370-521417_thumb.jpg

the rule of thirds is actually just a rough estimation of the golden ratio (ie it equals ~1.6--inverse of that 1/1.6 is approx equal to two thirds--which is where the rule comes from)

really great shots though. so you really dont have any prior photography experience? just a natural knack for it then I guess lol

how are ya likin' that 50 prime?

really great shots though. so you really dont have any prior photography experience? just a natural knack for it then I guess lol

how are ya likin' that 50 prime?

Closest thing to prior experience in photography I have is reading reef forums. Rule of Third just comes kinda natural. There are lines on the camera for this.

As for the 50 prime... I'm currently digging my 55-250mm since it is new but the 50 prime is still the one I go for when I need a lens i can count on. I certainly see myself upgrading to a higher quality 50mm prime 1.4 in the future.

I like the pic of the Parthenon. centennial park has some great subjects for photography.

Most of nashville does. I'm thinking I'll wait till spring and take my camera out to nightclubs for great subjects for photography.

Using a canon rebel t3 with a 50mm prime. I really love the nifty 50 but I've been noticing one problem with the lens. Due to the wide angle, it makes taking strait lines a challenge. Such as taking skyscraper photos. I'll post a couple examples of this. One of my next steps is to look for this when taking a photo and change the way I take the photo.

As for the Canon t3, This is a great camera without totally breaking the wallet. I'm more than satisfied with it. What I like most about this camara is that while being a full feature entry level DSLR, It is designed to be easier to use for the beginner photographer. I found this camera to be much easier to use out of the box than my old casio exilem point and shoot.

Spend yesterday taking photos. The outdoor shots where all to bright. Today I realized why. ISO set at 800 under the sun. Set my camaras auto ISO to max at 800 and set the ISO to auto.

Nifty fifty is anything but wide, especially on that crop body. The issue with sky scrapers is the angle you are shooting them from. This is where photographers find the real commercial use for tilt-shift lenses. Tilting your camera up to get the whole building will cause a change in perspective that will make the building not make a straight line in your final product.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived