Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cerameco from aqua-tecture.com

Red Sea Reefer

Red Sea Reefer

I made the decision to go with cerameco instead of live rock. Got my order in yesterday from aqua-tecture.com and I have to say I am happy with it. I am useing this on my BC29. Ordered a centerpiece that is 15x10x11 and weighs 11 lbs, it fits nicely in my BC with room to add some live rock.

This seems like a great product for nano cubes as you want to maximize you biological filtration in the small space we have to work in. They have many great products for our needs. On thing that will be released soon are wall pannels. These are custom fit for the most popular nano tanks. The base is 1/2 inch think with some ridges and barnacles as thick as 1 1/2 inch. These will weigh about 6 to 8 lbs. What a great way to add filtration and maximize space in your cube.

I will add to this thread in the next few days to post pictures. Tonight I am removeing most of the live rock that I have tried to aquascape too many times and palceing the cerameco in. I betting within a few months this "rock" will be covered in coral and coraline and it will look like a stunning aquascape.

I for one look forward to do more business with aqua-tecture. There service has been prompt and the have delivered more than expected.

• 3 weeks later...
Red Sea Reefer

I will be updating w/ pics soon. I ordered a wall panel from them which should be in next week hopefully. My center piece and wall panel will be about 19 lbs of cerameco. Great thing about this is the amount of free area still left in my cube to place frags and such on the sand bed. I think cerameco is a plus for water chemistry as well. No area for wastes to build up and turn into nitrates.

WRX how long have you had your centerpiece? How has it matured with coraline?

I will be updating w/ pics soon. I ordered a wall panel from them which should be in next week hopefully. My center piece and wall panel will be about 19 lbs of cerameco. Great thing about this is the amount of free area still left in my cube to place frags and such on the sand bed. I think cerameco is a plus for water chemistry as well. No area for wastes to build up and turn into nitrates.

WRX how long have you had your centerpiece? How has it matured with coraline?

I have the rock for 5 months 4 of them were in my sump but this rock looks great

I'm doing a build with some as well. Have a pico with them and am setting up an ADA 48. Got a nice free bag of frag plugs and some barnacles with each order. Really like the product.

P1060251%20(Medium).JPG

• 1 month later...
Red Sea Reefer

Ok so it's time to update the thread. My review of cerameco has changed for the worse. After adding coral and lighting to the tank I'm just not happy with the piece. It's near impossible to make use of most of it for frag placement.

I was excited about the wall panel. Took them over a month to get it to me. This was a custom order. They said they ran into problems after the first firing. It must have cracked so they said they remade it. When I finally I got it the thing was glued together with gorilla glue and fell apart as I took it out of the box. I can't believe they sent this out glued together.

It was for the best I guess. They refunded my $$$ and I have decided to go with Key Largo Marco Rock. I have 40 lbs that has been curing/cycleing for a few weeks now. Just waiting for my Hanna phosphate checker before I switch it out with the cerameco. The Marco rock looks very promising to aquascape with.

I will post a thread as to how that comes out but I would have to advise against anybody useing cerameco based upon my experiance.

• 7 years later...

I placed an order with them - they took my money and I can't seem to get a response from anyone regarding shipping out my order!  Spent a couple hundred bucks!  Little pissed off here!  NOT a custom piece, just bought from the availability on the site!