Innovative Marine Aquariums

TinyGiant's GU10 LED 55G In-Wall

TinyGiant

well i get 2-3 gallons ever couple days in evap. and i empty the skimmer cup once a week.

I have a ton of snails, stars crabs, and shrimp and a cuke .. they keep the sand really clean.

I algae magnet the glass every couple days..

My tangs are ferocious eaters too I buy macro every month at the frag swap I run and he devours it. its going to be nice to have the frag tank up so i can grow macro instead of buying it.. even though i get a baggy of mixed for $2 (dragons breath, red fern, cheato..etc) cant beat it .. but its gone in 2 days from the yellow and hippo

finished the frag system ligting today.. so as soon as i completely trust the water in the new tank the frags will be going down there :)

Need to get a bigger heater down there though.. i have a 100w and a 75w in there now and they are having trouble keeping it around 80

Frugalreefer01

Tiny giant i am so confused ive read just about every one of your links and i haves ?s

How many gu10s do u have?

i have read u have 21, 22, and 30

Which is it?

I followed ur ebay links and i ordered

22 comparable leds like urs

12b/10cw hoping to light half of my 75g with this figuring if u have roughly 22 sustAing ur whole tank

Suggestions? I couldnt find any single 3w bulbs, so i just got the 3x1 epistars

Also orderdd 22 sockets

When i started the tank I had 22 bulbs. Because I have the columns i wasn't getting light all the way around them. So i added 10 more sockets and have been adding bulbs as i see fit.

so in the end i will actually have 32 but currently have 30 over the 55g.

I just built a 33L fixture that has 20 total.

20-22 is fine for a tank with a 48"x12"' foot print

the 3x1w are fine. I have a mix of them and the 1x3w. i havent noticed any real difference between the two..

its funny how 50-60 frags looks like so much on a 4" shelf in the 55 but in the 33 on a big square rack it looks like i have room for SOOOO much more... muhahah.. might have to spend some time shaping my ORA bridsnest to fit the spot a little better.. and make a good 10-15 frags of it

Added 3 blue chromis, and a yellow clown gobie today!

petco special. 3.99 for chromis and 8.99 for clown goby.

I almost grabbed a couple uca crabs but decided to skip them since they never seem to live very long

tested my parameters for the first time ever on this tank. (had it setup for a year now)

PH 8.2

ALK 2.2

Ammonia 0

Nitrate 0

Nitrite 0

Phosphate 1

Calcium 400

salinity 1.023

Temp 78.8F

I'll probably do a little 5 gallon water change. Its been a couple months since my last one. I feed a cube of cyclopeeze every day and a cube of mysis every other.. I knew i had some phosphates in there :P

pretty optimal readings though. I was moving things around and came across my master test kits and figured it wouldn't hurt to actually use them..

I plan to do a good cleaning then take some pictures now that the huge frag rack is gone :)

I am waiting for a powerhead to arrive before i move the last of my frags to the frag tank downstairs. I am getting a bunch of bubbles on my frag plugs (i think its from lack of flow) They might be collecting from the skimmer putting out some micro bubbles or its from new algae growth... not sure which yet

Edited by TinyGiant

Lots More Pics!! I took some more pictures to update my livestock catalog (link in sig) :) Enjoy!

I have over 100 different inhabitants picture and cataloged now!

bangii.jpg

bluepalyRGDE.jpg

chromis.jpg

cloveneons.jpg

eagleeyezoa.jpg

firefish.jpg

fireicezoa.jpg

fireshrimp.jpg

greenriccordia.jpg

gsp.jpg

IMG_4483.jpg

pajama.jpg

pinandgold1.jpg

redpeopleeaterzoa.jpg

scooterblenny.jpg

sunpolyp.jpg

yellowclowngoby.jpg

zoagarden.jpg

everything seems happy today. I'm going to test again tonight for the phosphates and see where I am after the water change. Might have to do another small one.. or just grab a poly filter or something. we'll see :)

your tank looks great tiny! that clown goby looks plump and healthy, hopefully he'll do well!

as always, lovin the gu10 :)

lol he came from petco two days ago..

but he had ich when i bought him and the day after he was in the tank the ich was gone... so he's on the straight and narrow now :)

I need more of these little guys. I love tiny fish. Would love to get some neon gobies too

Clam Growth Picture 11months of growth

Then (1 month of growth feb 2011 to march 2011

IMG_9566.jpg

Now march 2011-jan 2012

clamgrowth14mos.jpg

I also added a Squamossa clam last night. I'll snap a picture when I think of it :)

finally found places that the two new clams seem to like. hopefully tomorrow i'll be able to snag a better picture.

i got bumped down on the ratemytank site too. :(

Added some new stuff to the tank last night .. bought some new zoas (havent secured an ID for them yet)

IMG_20120202_135400.jpg

I also bought a nice large red devil gorg again.. hopefully it will do well.. I split it into three fans.

there was a baby basket star that came on the fan .. he fell off in the tank.. but i hope he shows up at somepoint.. he was awesome looking!