Project Picotope!

gearhead364

gearhead364

New stuff!

2012-05-06_12-45-58_847.jpg

My new fav acans ;)

2012-05-06_12-49-22_537.jpg

New ric!

Havent been adding much lately because all my $ is going into my shallow 30gal that im building for college. just sold my 150gal fresh so will be ordering equipment soon stay tuned! :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
gearhead364
very nice. the brain looks awesome.

Thanks! I stopped in at a LFS on my way home from working out of town and I had to have it lol.

Thanks! I stopped in at a LFS on my way home from working out of town and I had to have it lol.

that happen to me alot. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Your tank looks great! I have pretty much the exact same setup. Same tank, light, and modded filter. One question for you. Where did you get your ATO setup? Or DIY? I was trying to see how you mounted your float switch in the video but couldn't really tell.. Where did you get the mount? Anyways, the tank really does look amazing!

-Dallin

gearhead364

Its a JBJ Ato I just cut the guard down to what it is now for space reasons and then glued it to the tank with my coral glue, or should I even tell you since your already copying my set up! lol jk get some pics of yours up id love to check it out!

NEW Acan! :lol: Green/purple acan lord

2012-06-05_18-45-30_353.jpg

I think my mini acan garden is coming along nicely! ;)

2012-06-05_18-46-21_465.jpg

I will see if I cant get a FTS taken. Ha ha actually I just read this thread for the first time yesterday. Great minds think alike, I guess.

gearhead364
I will see if I cant get a FTS taken. Ha ha actually I just read this thread for the first time yesterday. Great minds think alike, I guess.

haha they must, your gonna love this set up, just added some sps gonna get pics sometime soon.

gearhead364

well Its time for an update. I did a little rearranging and moved some coral out that was getting too big, but I also got new coral! I got my first pieces of sps and they are doing great. pics to follow!

2012-06-17_16-44-08_42.jpg

I got ORA neon green birds nest as well as I believe to be a green acro of some type if you know feel free to let me know!

2012-06-17_16-44-18_584.jpg

I also picked up a piece of Miami Hurricane chalice and a black clown goby with neon blue stripes but he was not being very photo-genic due to the fact I got him yesterday so he is still settling in.

2012-06-17_16-48-11_209.jpg

new TDS

2012-06-17_16-43-57_453.jpg

new FTS

gearhead364

Thanks for clearing that up for me JR. I wasnt sure what it was but I got it for $15 so i figured id give sps a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome tank! Just purchased a TruPop off of here and can't wait to get it over my picotope next week! Have you thought anymore about or purchased a clam yet for the tank?

gearhead364
Awesome tank! Just purchased a TruPop off of here and can't wait to get it over my picotope next week! Have you thought anymore about or purchased a clam yet for the tank?

I have not.. I'm stilll waiting for my lfs to get a purdy small one in lol I'm kinda picky about what I want to put in the tank, but I have added two more chalices and everything is growing very nicely.

gearhead364
Nice tank. Can I ask how you've got the light mounted? I'm setting up the same tank & ordered same bulb.

its mounted via a Boost Clam lamp to a piece of wood that I affixed to my stand

how's that sps doing? and how long after the setup did u add it? i kinda want to give a sps frag a try.

gearhead364

sps is doing great, Ive had it for about a month now I believe and that would have put the tank at around 6 months old. just try and easy non expensive frag like birds nest. and ive actually had a green monti cap in for about 5 months and ive seen lots of growth from that.

Archived