Top Shelf Aquatics

Rio 6HF Pump

saltohio

Purchased this pump to replace the stock 240/gph pump on my bc29.

Was impressed with it's output, unfortunately, the pump had an issue (vibration+noise).

I'm sending it back, should I try another one or go to a different brand? is Rio a decent pump?

Thanks.

Maybe the more appropiate question is, what is a good upgrade pump (300-350gph) for the bc29?

I added lockline with a "Y" split which really slowed the stock pump down. need more flow.

Same thing happened to me. Flow was great but very loud and not in a

hum way. Clancky loud best way to describe it. Went back with mj1200. It's silent quiet with good flow in my opinion. I've only tried both of them for my bc29 so limited on experience but am very happy with the mj1200.

Same thing happened to me. Flow was great but very loud and not in a

hum way. Clancky loud best way to describe it. Went back with mj1200. It's silent quiet with good flow in my opinion. I've only tried both of them for my bc29 so limited on experience but am very happy with the mj1200.

I'm currently running the mj900 but it's not much more flow than stock. I'm wondering what the difference between the mj1100 and the mj1200? the 1100 is rated at 294/gph, the 1200 looks like more of a power head.

Archived