Innovative Marine Aquariums

i<3nanotanks' Nanobox/Minimalistic 20L

i<3nanotanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also I do not see this system being plumed into another tank! We will be feeding the broodstock tank like CRAZY to get them to have a better spawn which will require a skimmer I think we need to have two ten gallon tanks plumed into one sump. Also, my house would be fine for this we have lots of open space where the tank would be... Grow out could be at you house in your main tank? we could just keep the picasso's and cull everything else, assuming we get a picasso pair.

I don't know about the picasso pair...I think we start with the first normal spawning pair we find and test from there. The idea at your house sounds good too if you want to do that. We could keep the pair at your house to spawn. Keep the pair in one ten gallon, get them to lay and hatch them in the other 10 gallon. After they end the meta phase or whatever it is then we can split the hatch between our two tanks. I can set up the 20L to hold like 10 small clowns with moderate feedings and this would go straight to my filter sock to prevent any nitrate/ammonia spikes. Ill just hook the seaclone up to the 20 as well so that I get enough filtration to keep my display healthy. Besides, we don't need the dollar pr gallon sale. I have at least 1 or two ten gallons laying around, a 29, and a 20L. Also I have a ~5 gallon acrylic hex you could use for a sump/refugium/whatever if you need to. If we are drilling this many wholes we might look into drilling them ourselves :unsure: ? Read this link-its the best one there is on spawning/clownfish in general:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=269202

Yes I have read this thread many times Well Franks picasso pair is only 80 so that is a steal and way less than even a normal spawning pair also I think we should drill them ourselves Just like the heat sink!!!! But another note I would like to have the broodstock at my house and the babies growing out in youtr ank they will need a separate tank for themselves until they reach approx. 1/2 an inch then they could join our tanks even then I think the flow in your tank would stress them out alot! Also I was thinking we could make memfish a deal and sell them 1/2 inchers for five bucks a piece they could be misbar percula whatever and how much for picasso clowns?! Then there is the question of where the hell do we get rots & phyto and start cultures!

Switched salt brands today to oceanic enhanced calcium blend!

Man, I came in here expecting to see that nice SPS in your avatar now I'm sadly disappointed. <_< ...J/K

Looks like the tank is coming along nicely, but I think this thread could use some more pics. Good luck with the switch to LEDs.

okay so the story behind the avatar is it is a colony of rose milli from a previous setup where i had great luck with sps but now i feel like sps arent the right direction to go in?

Man, I came in here expecting to see that nice SPS in your avatar now I'm sadly disappointed. <_< ...J/K

Looks like the tank is coming along nicely, but I think this thread could use some more pics. Good luck with the switch to LEDs.

no doubt

WElcome our Newest Member and thanks to fearlessmotto for making her happen! Also a Huge update I just decided to switch to the VorTech Mp10 and sh** is flying everywhere! post-66784-1328751012_thumb.png

I also Have a clown Breeding setup in the works! B) B) B) B) B) B)

post-66784-1328751130_thumb.png

post-66784-1328751361_thumb.png :lol:

Thanks again for taking her, i had originally bought her for breeding as well, she looks great in there!

my wife says you should rename her sheeba, because she is queen of the tank ha ha

thanks again nanotanks and good luck getting some little onyx percs going on if you need info go to rareclownfish.com , it'ss a clown breeders forum where i would get my info.

She is very active and is already eating out of my hand her favorite are the mysis shrimp and she is playing in the new mp10 right now! Sheeba it is! :wub: :wub: :wub:

She is very active and is already eating out of my hand her favorite are the mysis shrimp and she is playing in the new mp10 right now! Sheeba it is! :wub: :wub: :wub:

:lol: :lol: now you see why i liked that little clownfish so much!

Archived