inTank Media Baskets

TheKleinReef
8 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

So how did Mr a-hole do with SPS? 

I'm assuming he nipped a bunch, cause in the 5 years I had him the only thing with PE during the day was the birdsbest and anything that went on a frag rack. If you have SPS and like PE, don't get a flame. I regret getting a flame angel. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

The bullied fish was so scared he hid in the top corner of the tank and I literally scooped him up with my hand. He's currently in the sump.

I'm debating on setting up and plumbing in a 10G to give him his own safe haven....

Alk is now down to 9.8dKH which means the tank consumed ~4dkH in 5 days. 

calcium and mag aren't even moving at all. 

1 minute ago, TheKleinReef said:

Gonna paint the back black. What kind of paint do I get?

I use black satin interior latex.  I've seen people use krylon spray paint also.  

TheKleinReef
10 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I use black satin interior latex.  I've seen people use krylon spray paint also.  

Thanks. I'm not sure I'll be able to get back there to spray paint but a roller/brush shouldn't be to bad. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

SPS frag is doing well. I'm hoping is a tort not a tenuis. 

Little talbot damsel haven in the sump is kinda cool. He's got a small PVC T fitting surrounded by rock and some LED lighting. He seems very happy not getting mauled to death. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Alk is stable at 9.5-9.6. Over the last 4 days. Doser has been on for 3 days now. 

Calcium on the other hand has been bouncing around. I tested 4 days ago and it was 385, tested two days later 410, tested just now and it was 380 again. 

Urgg. 

• Like 1

Hmmm, that's a huge swing for calcium that fast. Any chance the 410 was just testing variance?

Btw I have red hot setosa and cali tort frags if you want some.

TheKleinReef
28 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Hmmm, that's a huge swing for calcium that fast. Any chance the 410 was just testing variance?

Btw I have red hot setosa and cali tort frags if you want some.

I think that may be what it was, variance. Cause all the waterchanges and stuff were well before this. I'll test again tomorrow but I'm sure it'll be around 385-390. 

I'd love some! How much do I owe yah?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

I think that may be what it was, variance. Cause all the waterchanges and stuff were well before this. I'll test again tomorrow but I'm sure it'll be around 385-390. 

I'd love some! How much do I owe yah?

Just pay for shipping and you can send me something else back someday when the tank is doing better. #reefershelpingreefers

PM me and we'll get it set up.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
4 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Just pay for shipping and you can send me something else back someday when the tank is doing better. #reefershelpingreefers

PM me and we'll get it set up.

You da best. 

Cleaned out the sump. Took a credit card to the walls, vinegar bathed the circulation pump and skimmer, and added a pump to the Talbot haven section. Looks dang good right now. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

TeenyReefs corals came in and look dang good. I'll post some pics later today. 

I cant say thank you enough Teeny. Thank you. #reefershelpingreefers 

I'm going to see Dunkirk. Brb

• Like 4
TheKleinReef
On 8/1/2017 at 6:21 PM, ninjamyst said:

if you are ever by O'Hare / Norridge, come on by for some birdsnest and random stuff =).  

I'm actually picking my friend up from ohare on Friday at like 11 could I swing by then?

5 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

I'm actually picking my friend up from ohare on Friday at like 11 could I swing by then?

I will be at work =(.  I am available at night on weekdays and most of the day on weekends.

Would you want a piece of undata? It's a little distressed right now, but it's like bred-slice-sized and I don't know what to do with it, so I could definitely spare a 1/2 inch piece. I'll also probably be getting rid of my magrock shelf, which has idaho grape and spongodes stuck on it, but that would be $50. I forget how long you said you'd be around. 

TheKleinReef
2 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Would you want a piece of undata? It's a little distressed right now, but it's like bred-slice-sized and I don't know what to do with it, so I could definitely spare a 1/2 inch piece. I'll also probably be getting rid of my magrock shelf, which has idaho grape and spongodes stuck on it, but that would be $50. I forget how long you said you'd be around. 

nah it's okay. I added a lot of coral since I've been home and I don't want my consumption going up some crazy amount right before I'm about to leave. thanks though. 

• Like 1