Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The 2 B+ 2 C+ is great but in June I'll try 2 B+, C+, KZ Blue.

See how the 3 Blue 1 Coral T5 turns out.

I wish i knew what that would be in 6 bulb form :blink:

i think for my next combo i'm going to try this:

3x ATI blue plus

1x ATI true actinic

1x ATI coral pro

1x KZ fiji purple

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

I wish i knew what that would be in 6 bulb form :blink:

i think for my next combo i'm going to try this:

3x ATI blue plus

1x ATI true actinic

1x ATI coral pro

1x KZ fiji purple

A guy on RC swears by 4 B+ 2 C+. But that combo above would sound great but with 4 Blues, maybe Im skeptical on the Actinic and what it actually does.......

A guy on RC swears by 4 B+ 2 C+. But that combo above would sound great but with 4 Blues, maybe Im skeptical on the Actinic and what it actually does.......

i got it from asureef. he said it's his favorite and current combo... it's worth a shot.

i've been looking through the T5HO thread as well. maybe i'll see a combo there i like. i don't exactly dislike the combo i have now, except its a very icy looking blue. i don't know how to explain it exactly.

Did some testing:

Ca: 400 dosed 160mL to bring it to 425

Alk: 7.7 dosed 50mL to bring it to 8.0

Mg: 1290 dosed 350mL to bring it to 1350

I can't wait to order the GHL 4 pump doser and some vessels. It'll make this tank so much easier. kinda like my frag tank. :D

also added 8 tbs of ROX 0.8 carbon to the system, i want a reactor for the future, but it's unnecessary as of right now.

redbugs update:

after a 10 minute dip in 1capful Revive/1000mL tank water, most (if not all) redbugs were removed. i gave the coral nice scrub with a soft brush, rinsed it in clean saltwater and put it back in the display. after inspecting all corals, i didn't see any other redbugs. my eyes will remain vigilant!

• Like 1

My current bulb opinion.

blue+

coral+

blue+

coral+

purple+

blue+

-back-

If you don't like purple then do another coral+. I've tried so many damn combinations and finally I like this. I use the purple+ to bring out some more pink on a pocillapora and raise the visible brightness just a bit.

This guy used this combination and I thought his tank looked amazing.

Then he switched to Halides. :)

My current bulb opinion.

blue+

coral+

blue+

coral+

purple+

blue+

-back-

If you don't like purple then do another coral+. I've tried so many damn combinations and finally I like this. I use the purple+ to bring out some more pink on a pocillapora and raise the visible brightness just a bit.

This guy used this combination and I thought his tank looked amazing.

Then he switched to Halides. :)

i can try that one too.. :3

GL with the read bugs!

I never liked the KZ Fiji purple T5 btw. I used one on my 20h and it just through the colors off IMO.

thanks! hopefully i can defeat these little buggers

i got it from asureef. he said it's his favorite and current combo... it's worth a shot.

i've been looking through the T5HO thread as well. maybe i'll see a combo there i like. i don't exactly dislike the combo i have now, except its a very icy looking blue. i don't know how to explain it exactly.

What's your combo?

Dropping in an Actinic bulb is going to make your tank look slightly dimmer when running dust/dawn but you won't notice a big difference with all bulbs on. People claim they can't tell the difference between blue+ and the actinic bulb, blue+ being the most popular choice because of its higher par. In the photos below you can see two dust/dawn combo, first being 2x Blue Plus and second Blue Plus/Actinic combo.

q7jk.jpg

f2t1.jpg

• Like 2

What's your combo?

Dropping in an Actinic bulb is going to make your tank look slightly dimmer when running dust/dawn but you won't notice a big difference with all bulbs on. People claim they can't tell the difference between blue+ and the actinic bulb, blue+ being the most popular choice because of its higher par. In the photos below you can see two dust/dawn combo, first being 2x Blue Plus and second Blue Plus/Actinic combo.

q7jk.jpg

f2t1.jpg

it goes

front

blue+

blue+

coral+

purple+

blue+

blue+

back

• Like 1

I'm heading home from college tomorrow.

to any one with experience with red bugs:

which of these corals are commonly affected by redbugs so i can keep a keen eye out & dip just in case. (red means, i found them on the coral aready)

Acropora Tortuosa ("Blueberry Tort")

Acropora Millepora

Montipora Capricornis

Acropora Echinata

Acropora Granulosa

Seriatopora Hystrix

Acropora Tortusa ("Myagi Tort")

Acropora Microlados ("Strawberry Shortcake")

Acropora Yonegi ("Bali Green Slimer")

Acropora Suharsonoi

Montipora Setosa

Acropora Tenuis

Acropora Sp. ("Garf Bonsai")

i did a close inspection of every coral, but i'm trying to be proactive.

Check your alk., when I ran zeovit my setosa did poorly until I bumped the alk. to 8dkh and it bounced back.

you were right! i've been slowly upping the tank to 8.0 and it the burnt tips seem to be coloring back up. looks like this tank needs to be 8.0+

you were right! i've been slowly upping the tank to 8.0 and it the burnt tips seem to be coloring back up. looks like this tank needs to be 8.0+

I'm glad you figured it out!

• Like 1

debating on switching all three mp10s to individually run NTM... thoughts anyone? i really need a fourth. :/

I've been running NTM, Reefcrest switching off throughout the day using my apex. NTM is nice as it picks up a lot of debris, but if the tank is in a room where you are a lot the noise can get a little annoying. If you using NTM make sure to set your wave length first so that it uses the right pulse length all the time.

I've been running NTM, Reefcrest switching off throughout the day using my apex. NTM is nice as it picks up a lot of debris, but if the tank is in a room where you are a lot the noise can get a little annoying. If you using NTM make sure to set your wave length first so that it uses the right pulse length all the time.

is the WXM worth it?

jedimasterben

You mean run the pumps individually, aka not synced up? Defeats the entire purpose of NTM, which is to pulse in the harmonic balance of the tank, then switch between pumps at full blast to keep it stirred up.

is the WXM worth it?

I have only had if for a week, but so far I love it. I have noticed some of my more picky corals have plumped up a bit more with the more randomness of the flow. It also lets me easily have the mp10s slow down during feeding automatically. Plus, it is just fun to play with!

• Like 1

You mean run the pumps individually, aka not synced up? Defeats the entire purpose of NTM, which is to pulse in the harmonic balance of the tank, then switch between pumps at full blast to keep it stirred up.

oh poop. i meant to say RC mode.

wouldn't having 3 un-synced be uber random and beneficial?

besides you can't have 3 on NTM, at least from what i can tell in the manual.