Pod Your Reef

TheKleinReef

Ew canon.

After messing with my friend's I'll never get one. Something about the feel and performance of the nikons just top canons. But I haven't had much experience with multiple canon models

That last picture dump looked good Roger.

Thanks Kat! It took a while to get it all dialed in but I got some relatively decent shots

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Are the brain corals fluffy now, they looked pissed in the pictures

The bright green one is pretty puffy now. But th other one was never puffy. I'm not sure what it is. They both have the skeleton of an elegance but the flesh of a brain.... Both very cool though.

Polarcollision

it's looking fantastic! Love the mix of corals you're collecting, especially the mix of flowing LPS with pretty sticks

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

it's looking fantastic! Love the mix of corals you're collecting, especially the mix of flowing LPS with pretty sticks

Thanks! The only stuff I'm really missing are zoas and palys but u just can't get them to grow for me. :(

Polarcollision

Ahh, Z&P like slightly dirty water. All you need are a very little bit of phosphates and about 1-2 nitrates and they should grow like weeds. Palys even get mysis from time to time.

TheKleinReef

Ahh, Z&P like slightly dirty water. All you need are a very little bit of phosphates and about 1-2 nitrates and they should grow like weeds. Palys even get mysis from time to time.

I'm pretty sure my tank has some of each but still they just close up and melt away after a few weeks. :(

I'm pretty sure my tank has some of each but still they just close up and melt away after a few weeks. :(

That sux, there quickly becoming my favs. In fact I'll be receiving some beauty's from claya next week :). But if I had the lighting/flow for the more demanding sps I'd definitely try some, the dslr pics of the acros you guys post are freakin crazy lookin
TheKleinReef

That sux, there quickly becoming my favs. In fact I'll be receiving some beauty's from claya next week :). But if I had the lighting/flow for the more demanding sps I'd definitely try some, the dslr pics of the acros you guys post are freakin crazy lookin

I'd love to have zoas fill in the rocks but for know I have try and keep what I have alive. I'm thinking about getting a 105mm macro to get better shots of the coral farther back. I got really into photography lately hopefully I can compete with rehype, nanotopia, and AJ. Haha maybe one day!

• Like 1

I shot Nikon when I once made a living from shooting journalism, best system and glass you can buy. Canon is good but second best ;)

14055632310_1fc25cfcd2_c.jpg

14219095936_a9ebea6077_c.jpg

• Like 3
TheKleinReef

Only stripey shorts dude looks even remotely happy to be there lol

I was happy to be there! ;)

That race was crazy. It went out basically jogging. Then the last 2 miles was nuts. I ended up runnin 9:18 for my last 2 miles of the 6 mile race. Which is freaking nuts. Closed my last lap in 63 seconds which got me on the podium and scored 4 points for the team.

• Like 3