Cultivated Reef

Thanks man. I appreciate it. My hip isn't doing too hot right now. It's really swollen and achy, but that's what happens when you fill the joint with corticosteroids. It should go away in a few days. I hope.

Catching up on a lot of threads - sorry for all the bad happening lately. Glad to see the tank is doing better though!

How's the hip? Back in July/August I tried to start running and pushed it too hard the very first day. I've been having dull pain (almost like muscle soreness) in my hip constantly since then. It's starting to get worse however, and I suspect I have tight hip flexors to begin with, on top of whatever strain I put on my hip when running. Any tips for stretches or exercises to help? I'm considering asking the dr to get me into physical therapy soon. :(

Catching up on a lot of threads - sorry for all the bad happening lately. Glad to see the tank is doing better though!

How's the hip? Back in July/August I tried to start running and pushed it too hard the very first day. I've been having dull pain (almost like muscle soreness) in my hip constantly since then. It's starting to get worse however, and I suspect I have tight hip flexors to begin with, on top of whatever strain I put on my hip when running. Any tips for stretches or exercises to help? I'm considering asking the dr to get me into physical therapy soon. :(

The tight hip flexor/weak abs, tight back/weak glutes combo is always a huge problem in people. Pain like that always manifests in an X like pattern. My biggest advice is to stretch your hip flexors and back, while strengthening your glutes and abs. All four of those muscle groups help keep you pelvis in a neutral position, if the pelvis is out of wack, anything that articulates with the pelvis will be sore ( femur-pelvis joint, SI joint, lumbar spine, etc). If you want specific stretches PM me and I'll get you a hand out since I have access to an exercise/stretch illustration program used for PT/OT. If that doesn't help, I'd recommend you go see a PT since they will be able to narrow down the problem even further and give you a plan to fix it. Good luck!

I've had good luck with them in the past.

That's great news. Apparently there was no issues with the other fish. My mom loves how it's always out and about. The swalesi basslet that's in the tank is never out and it makes her mad cause it's incredibly beautiful.

• Like 1

only see 4 and a shrimp unless u got a leopard wrasse?

the swalesi basslet is directly underneath the left side of the bubble, and the matted filefish is between the bubble and the goni, looking like a brown smudge.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...