inTank Media Baskets

Well that really sucks :(

I'm glad to see the tank is doing so much better, though.

Will this set you back at school?

Not too sure.

I have clinical rotations to worry about so i have a small window before those starts to get and recover from the surgery. :( but yes it is encouraging to see the tank doing well.

What happened?!

Anterior labral tear. I lost all internal rotation and end range flexion of my left hip. Drastically messing with my ability to sit. :(

Tank is looking great Roger! Sorry to hear about the hip though. Was it a sporting injury? My brother really injured his hip flexers when scoliosis was at it's worst pre surgery. I've had hip issues myself as well so I can sympathise.

• Like 1

Tank is looking great Roger! Sorry to hear about the hip though. Was it a sporting injury? My brother really injured his hip flexers when scoliosis was at it's worst pre surgery. I've had hip issues myself as well so I can sympathise.

I had a nasty fall 3 years ago which was the initial damage, then 2 years a go I fell again and kickstarted the whole inflammation process. I got a steroid injection to see if that alleviated it and it only lasted another year so here I am now with a torn labrum. :(

Just makes clinical rotations hard because no one wants a student with limitations, my PTA program is strict enough and adding in surgery makes it even more of a nightmare.

• Like 1

I had a nasty fall 3 years ago which was the initial damage, then 2 years a go I fell again and kickstarted the whole inflammation process. I got a steroid injection to see if that alleviated it and it only lasted another year so here I am now with a torn labrum. :(

Just makes clinical rotations hard because no one wants a student with limitations, my PTA program is strict enough and adding in surgery makes it even more of a nightmare.

Ah that sucks my friend :(. Hopefully you can hold out on the surgery until it better suits you. It a cortisone injection feasible in that area?

Ah that sucks my friend :(. Hopefully you can hold out on the surgery until it better suits you. It a cortisone injection feasible in that area?

Yeah I had one before, but the effect was temporary since my femur is misshapen causing it to continually impact my already damaged labrum.

Doing another injection will be a temporary fix, but could give me the wiggle room i need to complete my education.

Gahhhhh so stressful.

Yeah, that might be enough to get you through the rest of your study. I know how much taking unscheduled time off during study can be. I hope it all works out for you.

I can't miss anything during school. It's non-stop, so if I needed to take time off, I would need to wait an entire year to jump back into it.

I'm sure once I get past all of these "ifs" I'll be aight.

• Like 1

O wow, that is terrible about your hip and need for surgery. Those things are never convenient but yours sounds like really bad timing.

I am glad to hear that the tank is doing well at least!

• Like 1