Innovative Marine Aquariums

They're decent. He's no photographer, but they'll do for now.

You can see some definite skin thickening from the previous pictures, as well as some polyps poking out! Color is slowly improving. I'm expecting a full recovery if the tank's alk remains stable.

29140670923_090b89bd1b_h.jpgFSH_1683 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

Here's a pic from when I went home, much better color now i'd say!

29473794680_0f6eb666d5_h.jpgkat 8/20 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

29138283084_192bad55ef_h.jpgFSH_1687 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

I'm really happy with how this one is coloring up!

29138279494_33c41baa53_h.jpgFSH_1688 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

Superglue at the base makes it look really weird.

29729958146_bfc85d98e1_h.jpgFSH_1691 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

• Like 5

Friends don't lie.

sooooooooooooo good. My whole team at work was hooked on it. I hardcoded an easter egg in the software if your username is "Eleven"

Hahaha that's awesome. I need the next season to release. Like now.

Looking nice Roger. Those nems are really great. I'm sure with the flow on the movement is hypnotic. Glad to see this bouncing back.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! The recovery seems to be going very well, Now I just want those 4 frags to grow out!

• Like 1

Sweet photos.. what your post processing look like? as in, what all tools are you using in photo shop to help with the blue from leds?

It helps that I don't use LED's.

When I did have LEDs I turned the blues down, as blues really mess with the camera sensor. I've gotten decent results under LEDs as well. Aside from adjusting WB, post processing is pretty minimal.

I don't do too much for FTSs any ways.

29304096963_e0e5410970_b.jpgScreen Shot 2016-09-25 at 6.35.20 PM by Roger Klein, on Flickr

• Like 3

Anyone have an idea about ho much vinegar I need to build up to, to be effective. I think the tank right now is 40ml per day at 2 doses. I'm debating on making smaller more frequent doses, but I'm not to sure on how to space everything out so stuff isn't dosing at the same time. I should just trust the GHL auto setting, but for some reason I don't.

Right now I have ca/alk dosing 4x per day, magnesium 2x per week ( I know that needs to change) and vinegar 2x per day. I had the schedule written down somewhere, but I lost it.

TLDR: how much vinegar should I max out at?

There really isn't a maximum possible dosage, it depends on total nutrient import (so food) and how well your skimmer pulls the bacteria back out of the water. I believe that RHF was at one time dosing like 200-300mL of vinegar daily, though his system was also much larger.

• Like 1

There really isn't a maximum possible dosage, it depends on total nutrient import (so food) and how well your skimmer pulls the bacteria back out of the water. I believe that RHF was at one time dosing like 200-300mL of vinegar daily, though his system was also much larger.

I guess a better question is, what will happen when I hit the ceiling? A bacteria bloom?

I guess a better question is, what will happen when I hit the ceiling? A bacteria bloom?

Yes, and that would mean your skimmer could no longer keep up, and O2 in the tank would sharply drop.

Are nutrient levels rising or are they staying put?

Yes, and that would mean your skimmer could no longer keep up, and O2 in the tank would sharply drop.

Are nutrient levels rising or are they staying put?

Po4 levels have been pretty stable at <0.03 with salifert. Which isn't a 100% view of the nutrients, but it's a decent starting point.

I don't think I'm going to raise it too much more, since the tank is stabilizing quite well. I was just curious, I don't want to regress after so much progression.

Po4 levels have been pretty stable at <0.03 with salifert. Which isn't a 100% view of the nutrients, but it's a decent starting point.

I don't think I'm going to raise it too much more, since the tank is stabilizing quite well. I was just curious, I don't want to regress after so much progression.

Luckily, it's not something that happens super fast, you'll see nitrate and phosphate creep up, and then just adjust the dose up a bit and watch. Going too high too fast would be far more devastating than going a bit too slowly :)

Surgery is a likely possibility.

F*** :(

stupid hips. :(
  • Like 1