SaltCritters.com

They dying stopped. Parents are keeping it up as a sofie/lps tank.

feeding was cut in half.

brb. photographing a wedding.

I'm glad things are stabilized at least. Have fun at the wedding!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Kat's dying.

I'm done. Goodbye everyone. Consider this as my formal exit from the hobby.

Really sorry to hear Roger.....take care man hope to see you back sooner or later.

2500 pictures later....

I hit my bed and passed out.

Now it's time to edit.

I took pics for a friend's wedding once. The stress of not getting that perfect shot was too much for me to handle. How did yours go??

Sorry about the Kat. LPS / softies can still make a beautiful tank!

TheKleinReef

I took pics for a friend's wedding once. The stress of not getting that perfect shot was too much for me to handle. How did yours go??

Sorry about the Kat. LPS / softies can still make a beautiful tank!

It went smoother than I thought. The pre-wedding was just standard portrait posing.

The ceremony was tricky, but I had a second photographer helping me out. I had my list of shots from the bride that she wanted so I sacrificed others to get those. In the end I got what I wanted. All the stereotypical wedding shots (bride entering, groom looking at the bride, altar shots, ring exchange, vows, first kiss, and the exit). I missed some of the bridal party exits, but I wasn't planning on giving her those pictures anyway since I spent a lot of time doing portraits of the wedding party before and after the ceremony anyways.

I'll post some of them, once I finish them.

It looks like it was a few branches of the kat. They've been fragged off and we'll see what happens next. This is a picture I got.

27352064000_00d2e048ea_k.jpgIMG_5883 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

Really sorry to hear Roger.....take care man hope to see you back sooner or later.

Thanks man, after tragedy after tragedy in this hobby. My motivation and confidence is rapidly declining.

• Like 1

Thanks man, after tragedy after tragedy in this hobby. My motivation and confidence is rapidly declining.

I totally understand...been there quite a few times myself. Sometimes just taking a long break is the best medicine.

• Like 1

Really sad to see this Roger. Maybe you will come back with a smaller setup where you live. Being away from the tank doesn't help because you cant enjoy it. I thought after i took my 29 down i wouldn't set up another tank, but i literally do zero maintenance on my current tank and it keeps me in the hobby which we all love.

• Like 1

I'm really sorry to hear this Roger. I've been in this exact situation but I can't imagine not being there to be able to try and rectify things in person. I hope that after things settle down that we see you back with a vengeance.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Thanks guys. We'll see, right now I'm spending more emotional energy on photography than anything else.

It's just so painful to look at these tanks, and my old pictures and my TOTM profile. I even avoid my reef Instagram and YouTube.

If it comes back I hope I can do better.

• Like 1

24 years old today. huzzah

Happy Birthday Roger!!!!

Kat's dying.

I'm done. Goodbye everyone. Consider this as my formal exit from the hobby.

Didn't see this. :(

The Kat still looks okay - can they send a top down picture?

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Happy Birthday Roger!!!!

Didn't see this. :(

The Kat still looks okay - can they send a top down picture?

It looks okay yeah. But I lost a few branches.

I'll put that request in

• 1 month later...
TheKleinReef

Happy to see the tank still up

If I was home, it wouldn't be.

Luckily my parents kept up with it and everything seems to be doing okay. Just miss the TOTM level tank.

Nothin wrong with a lil messy.

;)

I know them feels bro, Chris Marks approached me for TOTM while my tank was on a downwards spiral. The last thing I wanted to do was take photos and write about it. The worst feeling is looking back at how it was and not understanding why it still isn't like that. Glad to see the tank is still up and running, I'm sure it will bounce back.

• Like 3

If I was home, it wouldn't be.

Luckily my parents kept up with it and everything seems to be doing okay. Just miss the TOTM level tank.

;)

Well look at it this way it could be way worse........be happy things are still kicking ;)

• Like 2