Top Shelf Aquatics

how did u mount ur montis???

well for the red ones :I put super glue on top and bottom of a small portion, then stuck it in a crevice. as it began to table i broke off a piece and did the same thing a few inches up and to the left. eventually everything kinda grew together. Sometimes the grew down so i let those go.

for the green ones, a very similar thing, but that was a one and done, i didn't want to do a spiral type thing with the green ones.

• Like 1

Furnace in new house stopped blowing out hot air so it was a coold night...haha.

Oh god. I remember a few years back when the power went out when it was -20. House got really cold really fast.

Hopefully you get that all fixed up! How's the build going?

TIL my thread isn't popular enough to just chat. :( Urgh

:flower:

I didn't sleep well last night and had another disaster tank dream. Two dreams now where salinity in my tank upgrade was dangerously low..

Oh god. I remember a few years back when the power went out when it was -20. House got really cold really fast.

Hopefully you get that all fixed up! How's the build going?

Went out and bought a space heater for now...

Rock and sand in. Added water then sprung a leak in the overflow box cuz one of the o-ring broke (pretty much I broke it when I twisted the pipe too hard). Couldn't get the pipes out to replace o-ring so I thought I was screwed. Finally yanked it out, went to Ace Hardware and bought another o-ring, put everything back together and pipe still leaked. Contacted Red Sea. They sent out a new o-ring that's suppose to get here Thursday but still not here. Drained most of the water out of the tank just to be safe. Kessil being stupid and have not released their tank mount yet for AP700 so light is on the floor in the box. So pretty much a PITA so far =P. Was really hoping to get the tank cycled by this weekend so I can buy some stuff next weekend at the Aquatic Experience show in Schaumburg.

Your tank is a big inspiration for my next build. I plan to go with a few big colonies of SPS like yours instead of frag city like my 12 gallon. Already bought a red monti and will try to mount it like one of yours. It will be hard though cuz my monti is a circular plate right now with a frag plug in the middle. So not sure exactly how I will mount the side to the rock so it grows outward like yours.

• Like 1

Went out and bought a space heater for now...

Rock and sand in. Added water then sprung a leak in the overflow box cuz one of the o-ring broke (pretty much I broke it when I twisted the pipe too hard). Couldn't get the pipes out to replace o-ring so I thought I was screwed. Finally yanked it out, went to Ace Hardware and bought another o-ring, put everything back together and pipe still leaked. Contacted Red Sea. They sent out a new o-ring that's suppose to get here Thursday but still not here. Drained most of the water out of the tank just to be safe. Kessil being stupid and have not released their tank mount yet for AP700 so light is on the floor in the box. So pretty much a PITA so far =P. Was really hoping to get the tank cycled by this weekend so I can buy some stuff next weekend at the Aquatic Experience show in Schaumburg.

Your tank is a big inspiration for my next build. I plan to go with a few big colonies of SPS like yours instead of frag city like my 12 gallon. Already bought a red monti and will try to mount it like one of yours. It will be hard though cuz my monti is a circular plate right now with a frag plug in the middle. So not sure exactly how I will mount the side to the rock so it grows outward like yours.

Yikes, I really lucked out when everything on the DSA just worked so easily. All these problems with CAD and Red Sea are making me want to stick with DSA, just wish they made star fire tanks.

A lot of these colonies started as frags! I should check the dates they were added,I have them all in excel.

:flower:

I didn't sleep well last night and had another disaster tank dream. Two dreams now where salinity in my tank upgrade was dangerously low..

I've had a bunch of tank nightmares too! D: They're no fun, luckily I have a stream to my tank so i can check up on it.

• Like 1

Yikes, I really lucked out when everything on the DSA just worked so easily. All these problems with CAD and Red Sea are making me want to stick with DSA, just wish they made star fire tanks.

A lot of these colonies started as frags! I should check the dates they were added,I have them all in excel.

Red Sea quality is great. It's my own noobness that broke the o-ring. The only thing I wish they did was just tell me the o-ring size so I can buy the right one at the hardware store.

Oh man, I have to scan your earlier posts to see pics of the frags. I just need to be patient and space them out and let them grow instead of piling them next to each other.

• Like 1

Red Sea quality is great. It's my own noobness that broke the o-ring. The only thing I wish they did was just tell me the o-ring size so I can buy the right one at the hardware store.

Oh man, I have to scan your earlier posts to see pics of the frags. I just need to be patient and space them out and let them grow instead of piling them next to each other.

Many of them didn't make it, but the few that did grew out very well, i'd say.

Green Birdnest: 1411 days

Red Monti Digi: 1424 days

A. Granulosa (assuming the frag is still mounted somewhere: 1424 days

A. Suharsonoi: 1193 days

setosa: 762

A. Aculeus: 762

Hawkins Echinata: 483 days

Teal Stag: 517 days

red delicate (hurlock):487 days

Katropora: 497 days

ORA stylo: 313 days

• Like 1

Are we chatting here. We should chat here. It's cool.

So. It's Saturday, I leave to go overseas in 3 days. I have not wrapped my head around it yet but I will. Will be gone 12 days. So I'm nervous for my cat and my tank. I'll be watching on webcam but it's not like you're, it's from a distance.

Dave Fason is supposed to come over in my absence and fix the light. I wish I could have met him :(

Sup?

So. It's Saturday, I leave to go overseas in 3 days. I have not wrapped my head around it yet but I will. Will be gone 12 days. So I'm nervous for my cat and my tank. I'll be watching on webcam but it's not like you're, it's from a distance.

Dave Fason is supposed to come over in my absence and fix the light. I wish I could have met him :(

Sup?

where you going?? Dave is coming over? didn't know he makes house calls =P.

• Like 1

Sup?

What's wrong with your light? :(