ReefCleaners.org

That will work Even with something as large as these particulates,

I'd say more filtration would solve it. More water needs to get to the sump.

I don't have the drain power for that. Even when it was just the return lines, the particulates/micro bubbles (whatever it is) are present.

Do you use a filter sock in the sump? I have found that running them a couple times a week really helps take larger particles out of my water.

Sure do. Doesn't seem to do much. Although it does et clogged with something after 3-5 days

• Like 1

Sure do. Doesn't seem to do much. Although it does et clogged with something after 3-5 days

Perhaps running a finer micron sock would help. I made the change from nylon socks to felt socks and have found a huge difference in the filtering ability. With dirty water they are clogged within 24 hours usually.

• Like 1

Perhaps running a finer micron sock would help. I made the change from nylon socks to felt socks and have found a huge difference in the filtering ability. With dirty water they are clogged within 24 hours usually.

I have felt socks. I don't think the particulates are even making it to said filter sock, though.

• Like 1

I have felt socks. I don't think the particulates are even making it to said filter sock, though.

Yes, that is the filtration issue. If the drains can't handle more then maybe the vortechs need to be on lower power. I can't think of anything else that can help.

• Like 1

Hmm, that is really odd. Could try putting some filter floss around your power heads to try and catch the particles, can hold it on with zip ties. Give the DIY coral snow a try, I'm really interested in trying it myself.

Yes, that is the filtration issue. If the drains can't handle more then maybe the vortechs need to be on lower power. I can't think of anything else that can help.

what would turning it down do? wouldn't that just let the crap settle?

I think u have a good problem not a bad one. If everythings staying suspended, less waste settling. Keeps food in the water column. But id use a fine filter sock for awhile and see if it helps.

• Like 3

I think u have a good problem not a bad one. If everythings staying suspended, less waste settling. Keeps food in the water column. But id use a fine filter sock for awhile and see if it helps.

I agree, sps love the particulates. I would not use a filter sock at all, but that's just me. :)

• Like 1

yes it would let it settle. not ideal. unless you siphon the sand every week.

I don't think that's a good idea. There's a lot of sps and I can't see turning the flow down being more beneficial than detrimental.

• Like 1