Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

10 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

I might need some katropora back in a few months. :(

I got you! Mine is starting to color back up again and grow. Mama clown fish was a biatch to the nem and beat it senseless. I need to grab a larger one someday ?

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
6 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

=(.  i have a frag that's bleaching out for some reason right now.  if it recovers, it's yours plus i have lots of green birdsnest and purple stylo you can have.  

Thabks man, I appreciate that a lot. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
16 hours ago, Rehype said:

That's the spirit bud :happy: 

I'm just mad I lost the Kat. 

15 hours ago, JR! said:

just keep swimming

trying. but it depresses me to look at a tank without all of the crowns. 

15 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

your bubble tips are still bubbly!  i wish mine stayed bubbly

I don't know why mine stay bubbly. Some are in high flow, some in low flow, some have the clowns swim through them, some don't. I'm starting to think it may be a water chemistry thing.

15 hours ago, JR! said:

i wanna watch the nest view. 

not much too look at anymore but here yah go: https://video.nest.com/live/mrkleinreef

• Like 3
TheKleinReef

If anyone wants an anemone in the NW burbs lemme know.

On 7/9/2017 at 9:28 AM, mpsti05 said:

I got you! Mine is starting to color back up again and grow. Mama clown fish was a biatch to the nem and beat it senseless. I need to grab a larger one someday ?

I'll be home soon, I'll get you a big one

20 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Kat is gonna help re-sps my tank. Anyone else have some fast growing frags. Spongodes, capricornis, birdsnest, stags?

Damn. I just gave away a bunch of stuff :(

I'll keep you in mind if anything SPS-y starts overgrowing again. 

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
6 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Damn. I just gave away a bunch of stuff :(

I'll keep you in mind if anything SPS-y starts overgrowing again. 

No worries. I'd ask if you have any zoas but the filefish will just eat 'em. 

3 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

No worries. I'd ask if you have any zoas but the filefish will just eat 'em. 

I DO have zoas that I don't want. He could have them for a snack and I really wouldn't care - at least they could be considered food and not end up in the trash. :lol: (they aren't pretty zoas...)

• Like 1
On 7/5/2017 at 1:27 PM, TheKleinReef said:

35570839392_69861e7706_b.jpgmy soul hurts by Roger Klein, on Flickr 

luckily I have a smaller piece of katropora on the opposite side of the tank, I'm not sure how it's doing though. Probably a goner too. 

That is a sad sight. :(

On 7/8/2017 at 8:50 PM, TheKleinReef said:

looking at my tanks live stream and the pic of the Kat hurts my soul. 

I just looked at the stream and it isn't there. Did they save the skeleton?

On 7/9/2017 at 0:27 AM, TheKleinReef said:

I might need some katropora back in a few months. :(

I got you hon.

i also have a nice frag of sunset milli that browned out cuz i have no room for it in my tank and it's behind some rock without much light or flow.  it will probably color up quick in your tank and when it grows out, frag me back a piece =P.

TheKleinReef
2 hours ago, metrokat said:

That is a sad sight. :(

I just looked at the stream and it isn't there. Did they save the skeleton?

I got you hon.

I don't think they did. :(

1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

i have a red cap that is growing pretty nice pattern.  also have green birdsnest.  can frag you some sesota too, those grow fast and bright orange.

1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

i also have a nice frag of sunset milli that browned out cuz i have no room for it in my tank and it's behind some rock without much light or flow.  it will probably color up quick in your tank and when it grows out, frag me back a piece =P.

Yes plssssss! 

TheKleinReef

Just watched "Chasing Corals" on Netflix. The scenes that got me the most were the 2 month progression shots of huge colonies, colonies the size of cars, withering away while the reef fish still swim through the decayed branches.... dang. 

• Like 4
mitten_reef
On 7/14/2017 at 11:41 AM, TheKleinReef said:

Kat is gonna help re-sps my tank. Anyone else have some fast growing frags. Spongodes, capricornis, birdsnest, stags?

I got all sorts of monti's - plating, sticks, and encrusting. Check out my build thread and the monti love thread in my sig links for all my monti's. I have a mini colony of ORA's BOP that I hope getting around to pruning it one of these days. but I think @ninjamyst probably is closer source to you for BOP. Also have some random, no-name, fast growing, branching/stags acros. Pm me if you see something you like. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Just watched "Chasing Corals" on Netflix. The scenes that got me the most were the 2 month progression shots of huge colonies, colonies the size of cars, withering away while the reef fish still swim through the decayed branches.... dang. 

I literally just finished watching it myself... Really heartbreaking. 

• Like 1