inTank Media Baskets

The Petco picture is nothing like any Swissguard I've seen lol, but yeah, I've seen a lot of places before get 'candy' basslets that are just swalesi. The cheapest I've ever seen L. carmabi (the real candy) go for is around $600.

that's what i asked the LFS, they said its not the "rare" candy, but a candy nontheless. the more i look at swissguard pics, the more i don't think its what i have... lemme check the invoice from my LFS

jedimasterben

There are two types of Swissguard, the L. swalesi and L. rubre. The latter is from the Caribbean, but their tails have a vertical black bar on them unlike the Pacific swalesi.\

But does yours actually look like that? That kinda looks like someone Photoshopped it.

• Like 1

There are two types of Swissguard, the L. swalesi and L. rubre. The latter is from the Caribbean, but their tails have a vertical black bar on them unlike the Pacific swalesi.\

But does yours actually look like that? That kinda looks like someone Photoshopped it.

no i legitimately thought it was a candy. its my favorite fish and i can tell them apart usually. it wasn't until i started looking at candy basslet color variants on google that i found a similar looking fish. The only difference i can really tell between a "real" one and the one i bought was the blue on the tail fin. everything else looks exactly the same.

regardless, its still a candy basslet in my heart :P

The magic of t5 lighting lol

just you wait ;)

• Like 1

You could do a yellow assessor and a few cardinals.

even more meh. if i did get rid of these fish it'd be for something cool. like more swalesi's or real candy basslets.

edit: you know things about fish right? LA says swalesi's are semi-agressive, so it'll be brave enough to come out after its acclimated to the tank right?

I certainly wouldn't consider them semi-aggressive. They're pretty much elusive pansies.

that's what i'm observing. it'll dart out to chase the flame away, then dip back into the hole real quick. hahah i just hope i can actually see it out and about eventually

• Like 2

Cool fish, fang blennies are neat, and venomous. That always impresses people lol

my LFS has a starry blenny that eats pellets, but i see too many posts of them not eating and slowly withering away... i dunno what i'm gonna do. maybe everything will settle down, if not i'll ditch the flame.

Starry blennies are combtooth blennies, not fang. Fang blennies are more active, swim out more, pretty cool looking too.

yeah, i wasn't really connecting your comment to mine. loll

i don't see fang blennies at my LFS often though. i did see a male starry leopard though, it was either that or the basslet. i chose the basslet

• Like 1

Are you getting dead zones of flow around the overflow in the back with the mp10s? I am debating on purchasing 2 more mp10s to put on the backs of the tank, but not sure if it is worth it.

Are you getting dead zones of flow around the overflow in the back with the mp10s? I am debating on purchasing 2 more mp10s to put on the backs of the tank, but not sure if it is worth it.

Not at all. I'm getting a surprisingly good amount of flow with 3. But I plan on getting another and placing one on Each side.

• Like 1