Cultivated Reef

Mmm, honestly I'm liking it so far. Just a tad slow, since reef-a-plooza takes forever to come by (this coming Saturday). I have like $400 saved up for it. Going to get my 2nd/3rd scolys there along with my bml 20k light.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

accurate color of the lighting, not so much some of the corals though.

10126317225_dc88ec8977_b.jpg

Mmm, honestly I'm liking it so far. Just a tad slow, since reef-a-plooza takes forever to come by (this coming Saturday). I have like $400 saved up for it. Going to get my 2nd/3rd scolys there along with my bml 20k light.

good luck! hope you find some gems!

• Like 5

Thanks. I know I will see some pretty scolys there but the problem is will I be able to get them at a bargain or fair price. ;)

Looking forward to those sps growth.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Thanks. I know I will see some pretty scolys there but the problem is will I be able to get them at a bargain or fair price. ;)

Looking forward to those sps growth.

me too. i just a need a few rare ones for show pieces, then the tank will go into grow out mode.

meet Clyde, my 2" yellow tang. :3

10127860313_f9740f1f1f_b.jpg

tang police click here

• Like 4

Holy ####, man. I would NOT have just put something that expensive without QT, especially with other fish that you just added.

i live dangerously.

nah, the LFS has its own QT system in the back and before each fish is put on display it goes through 6 weeks of QT. (i know, i've seen the system) besides, i'll let you in on a little secret.... it was only $107

(and i'm debating on taking the tang back, he's a bit of a d***)

Look at the tail.

you're right. its also known as an "indonesian candy basslet"

http://www.marinehabitat.co.uk/indonesian-candy-basslet-liopropoma-swalesi/

but mine looks nothing like that. there's no orange, its pink and red with blue fins.

looks like this:

http://www.petco.com/product/112804/Swalesi-Basslet.aspx

i guess the money is in the name...

jedimasterben

The Petco picture is nothing like any Swissguard I've seen lol, but yeah, I've seen a lot of places before get 'candy' basslets that are just swalesi. The cheapest I've ever seen L. carmabi (the real candy) go for is around $600.

• Like 1