Coral Vue Hydros

1 hour ago, TheKleinReef said:

Guys, it's official. 

Roger Klein, PTA.

Woo hoo! Congratulations, I know you've worked hard and given up a lot for this! Does this mean you get to come home to your tank soon?

• Like 1
TheKleinReef
14 hours ago, ninjamyst said:

congrats!!

Thanks. 

14 hours ago, 1891Bro said:

You joined the parent teacher association?

ew. No. Physical therapist assistant. 

13 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Woo hoo! Congratulations, I know you've worked hard and given up a lot for this! Does this mean you get to come home to your tank soon?

No. It means I'm setting up my own tank soon. :) 

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

Have a pretty good job lead which means....

Next tank(s):

side by side deep blue 30g. One display, one frag tank. Plumbed together to a single sump. Ghl profilux (cause the apex is fugly), 2 radions, couple vortechs. 

zeovit? Triton? 

Thoughts. 

• Like 3
On 4/11/2017 at 8:25 PM, TheKleinReef said:

Guys, it's official. 

Roger Klein, PTA.

I missed this, so belated CONGRATS!

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
On 5/11/2017 at 4:04 PM, metrokat said:

wait.

This thread is active again? Roger, are you home honey?

Noooo. Just got a job lead so things are looking decent for a new setup. I might try and go home next month.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

Pictures incoming tomorrow. 

looking at the nest cam is showing a mature.... or should i say crowded tank. No saramentosa, I'm not surprised, but every maricultured coral from reefwise I've ever bought has melted away. 

• Like 2
TheKleinReef
1 hour ago, ninjamyst said:

I will never buy mariculture again.  The SPS frags I got from their mother colonies are doing well.  How's the starburst montipora doing? 

Its lookng nice and bright still!

• 3 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

Finally got my wisdom teeth out on thursday (the day after my birthday) spent all day thursday asleep, and all day friday puking for some strange reason. I stopped taking the painkillers and am only using ice for pain control. 

I also lost 5 pounds so that's cool. 

Happy 25th to me! 

I need an aquarium. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Finally got my wisdom teeth out on thursday (the day after my birthday) spent all day thursday asleep, and all day friday puking for some strange reason. I stopped taking the painkillers and am only using ice for pain control. 

Happy 25th to me! 

I need an aquarium. 

I can't take pain meds, I puke every time.  Hugging the toilet bowl with mouth pain is an experience that makes everything else in life seem better. :D   Happy Birthday!

• Like 1
On 6/17/2017 at 3:54 PM, TheKleinReef said:

Happy 25th to me! 

I need an aquarium. 

Sunday was 31st birthday. Happy birthday brother

On 5/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, TheKleinReef said:

Have a pretty good job lead which means....

Next tank(s):

side by side deep blue 30g. One display, one frag tank. Plumbed together to a single sump. Ghl profilux (cause the apex is fugly), 2 radions, couple vortechs. 

zeovit? Triton? 

Thoughts. 

Don't do Zeovit. You will hate it. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TheKleinReef said:

Why's that?

It's a lot of work and doesn't really work IMO. There are other ways to get results. It's also expensive.

TheKleinReef
16 hours ago, Arkayology said:

It's a lot of work and doesn't really work IMO. There are other ways to get results. It's also expensive.

Hmmm. Valid points, especially about the price. I've just never been happy with the sps color I get even with t5. I'm not sure what else I could change other than the micro-elements. 

My best color was when I had the radion, which is what I'm going back to on my next tank for sure. 

34 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

Hmmm. Valid points, especially about the price. I've just never been happy with the sps color I get even with t5. I'm not sure what else I could change other than the micro-elements. 

My best color was when I had the radion, which is what I'm going back to on my next tank for sure. 

Have you ever seen the jason fox interview about lighting flow and nutrient extraction? May give you some insight on which way you want to go. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, TheKleinReef said:

I've just never been happy with the sps color I get even with t5. I'm not sure what else I could change other than the micro-elements. 

I've been there. I tried out Zeovit for awhile and ultimately found it to be too much guesswork. It's not a guaranteed way to get results. Just my .2