Cultivated Reef

My Sexy Shrimp Breeding Adventure...

calvin415

Down to about a dozen babies... :(

Wonder if I would have had better luck if I divided the spawn into multiple containers???

Fingers crossed as I can no longer find any of my original 6. :( if these don't live I will not have any shrimp left.

I sure hope so! Hoping to see settlement starting tomorrow! Need to get a small heater for the Pico still, but still counting 12-14 babies in the nursery bottle. They have tiny legs now I can see flickering as they float so it must be really close!!! Fingers Crossed!

• 2 weeks later...
If I ever see BBS again it will be too soon. :(

Seriously? Could always try copepods. :]

Well I hope you come back to it at some point. I could fail at this all year and still have a wonderful time. It's all about forward motion for me. Destinations are like a mirage on the horizon. They represent our hopes and expectations, but the more you focus on them, the farther away they seem to get. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Eventually you just might find yourself walking on water.

I'll wait. :)

Maybe the die off occurred because of lack of nutrition. Newly hatched baby brine shrimp have very little nutritional value. Try enriching them once they hit 24 hours, so feeding 36 hour old brine to the baby sexy shrimp. I am not sure about the size difference between sexy shrimp fry and brine shrimp at 36 hours.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Steensj2004

Hey, I've put together a great tutorial for any ameature interested in breeding Sexy Shrimp!

Sexy Breeding -- An Illustrated Guide

:)

You uh.....wanna sell me some of your next batch,lol?Assuming you are still doing this.

Btw, I followed your original thread, hats off. I would love to try this if I had the time....

• Like 1
  • 7 years later...