inTank Media Baskets

The Acan Club :P

Spencer7

/sigh. Amazing.

agreed, just curious though, has anyone ever seen any actual skeletal growth with Acans, i feel like i've never seen someone get a two polyp frag and then grow it out to 50, prove me wrong?

smell y'll later :lol:

And once again Hype sets a high standard

/sigh. Amazing.

thanks cintax

agreed, just curious though, has anyone ever seen any actual skeletal growth with Acans, i feel like i've never seen someone get a two polyp frag and then grow it out to 50, prove me wrong?

smell y'll later laugh.gif

And once again Hype sets a high standard

Well all of my frags in that pic were only 2-4 heads when i bought them. For instance the pink frag on the top left started as 3 heads and now is easily over 20. The only thing restricting their growth is the fact i havent mounted them to a piece of live rock.

Both of mine I bought as frags as well, I feed them a few times a week in hopes that they fill out! I considered placing them on live rock, but all my rock is marco rock and I don't think they would grow as nicely. Anyways, here are mine.

Purple/Green Acan

post-67912-1327372672_thumb.jpg

Orange/White Acan

post-67912-1327372651_thumb.jpg

Nice acans and well shot pics, new member...

Impressive Hype, its hard for me to picture Acans growing let alone onto LR, don't know why

Thanks! I shot those with my Nikon D40 with the kit lens. Took me quite a few shots to finally get those, but I think they turned out nicely.

Glad I found all this info! Glad I found this page! just got 3 Acan frags.. ill post a pic of my encinta soon!!

Can I get in the club? Please? :D

post-72169-1328315648_thumb.jpg

post-72169-1328315662_thumb.jpg

Edited by NickCage

What kind of lighting do you fellow acan'rs use? Anyone using LED's? My frags seem to be doing/growing great, noticing a Bunch of new growth. Im using Stunner strips in a 14g cube, I still have the stock lighting in there, but I really havnt used them because the stunners seem to be great, and all my corals are more low/moderate light. Just asking if this sounds okay for acans, or do you think I should give them all the light they can get. I hear mixed things. Nothing is better than experience. Thanks!

What kind of lighting do you fellow acan'rs use? Anyone using LED's? My frags seem to be doing/growing great, noticing a Bunch of new growth. Im using Stunner strips in a 14g cube, I still have the stock lighting in there, but I really havnt used them because the stunners seem to be great, and all my corals are more low/moderate light. Just asking if this sounds okay for acans, or do you think I should give them all the light they can get. I hear mixed things. Nothing is better than experience. Thanks!

Stunner's hardly put out any light though......

My acans under LED's 450nm.

post-51842-1328426513_thumb.jpg

I used a RapidLED par38 bulb over mine. MY existing red colony seems to like it so far. I just keep them on the bottom of the tank and the light about 12" above the tank

Nice freebie!

What he said...

I have 3 Par 38's over my tank, most of my acans are on the bottom

Trick, i hate to say it but i no longer have the biggest Acan

Congrats :happy:

I am jealous of Seans Rainbow Acan though