inTank Media Baskets

PAYPAL or no transaction

RayWhisperer

Yes don't gift unless you trust the person, for me I sometimes have to do split payments so the first one I will send normal and the rest gift or I will add some extra to my payments.

+1

I only gift to my family...and sometimes not even them.

:ninja:

But seriously, caveat emptor. If you're stupid enough to get scammed, you will get scammed.

Scamming, in a sense, is like getting pregnant.

It takes two, or one asleep.

I use to be a paying member until I heard what Ray gets paid.
Thanks for taking a stand for me. Solidarity, my brother! with paid memberships dropping because of this unfair labor forced on to me, it'll be a cinch to renegotiate my contract.
with paid memberships dropping because of this unfair labor forced on to me, it'll be a cinch to renegotiate my contract.

Better break out the bonus stick.

3142532856_023bf31754.jpg

paypal isnt the best u cant always get your money back I am out over 1000.00 all you have to do is show a tracking number that the item was sent back

paypal isnt the best u cant always get your money back I am out over 1000.00 all you have to do is show a tracking number that the item was sent back

A tracking number and the item has to be received.

• 5 weeks later...
A tracking number and the item has to be received.

Yeah I sold a xbox 360 on ebay the buyer filed a claim a week after he recieved it. I agreed to paypals terms of giving a full refund if he returned the xbox. What I got returned was the empty 360 box and lost the 280.00.

As long as they ship something and give the tracking number to paypal the automated system processes the refund as soon as it shows as being recieved. Paypal takes forever to follow up on anything and by then it's to late.

I've been scammed as the seller multiple times with paypal that is why I stopped using it.

As a buyer all they have to do is file a not as described complaint or a charge back through a credit card and the seller is screwed.

If you are not local I really don't want to do buisness with you unless you can prove with out a doubt who you are and that I can get in contact with you.

I don't mind sending cash/MO/checks to people within a few hours drive cause it is easy enough to file a police report in their city.

See my thread below for a list of guys I have delt with and didn't use paypal.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=267175&hl=

Edited by Ls2Goat

^ I can agree with you to some degree.. you can have very good results without using paypal. The entire point of this is - THINK about wtf you are doing - Anything larger than 50 dollars I am using paypal - something i KNOW i can get retribution if things go horribly wrong. Up to that point i would just write off a loss.

Yeah I sold a xbox 360 on ebay and got the empty box shipped back to me and lost 280.00.

How was it shipped?

They returned it for credit?

What about sending $ through paypal under personal/other? is that protected since it's not a gift?

If you are purchasing something never send it with the personal option, always with the purchase tab. Personal payments sent have no fees on the receivers end and will not protect you if there is an issue.

How was it shipped?

They returned it for credit?

Let me rephrase

I sold my old xbox 360 elite and the buyer filed a claim saying the item was not as described I agreed to refund if he returned the item.

I got a tracking number and 3 days later the empty xbox 360 box arrived on my door.

I filed a police report and signed a afidavid(spelling) took about 2 weeks for paypal to send me a email saying they where unable to reclaim any of my funds.

Edited by Ls2Goat

I agree! PP does suck. I've had someone obviously hack my account and they claimed there was no evidence to resolve my claim of fraud. What a bunch of BS! I'll never use them again...

Let me rephrase

I sold my old xbox 360 elite and the buyer filed a claim saying the item was not as described I agreed to refund if he returned the item.

I got a tracking number and 3 days later the empty xbox 360 box arrived on my door.

I filed a police report and signed a afidavid(spelling) took about 2 weeks for paypal to send me a email saying they where unable to reclaim any of my funds.

Ok, thats what I thought. How did he ship it back to you? What service?

Ok, thats what I thought. How did he ship it back to you? What service?

It was UPS I believe, and it was just the empty xbox 360 box inside the shipping box.

I have a copy of the police report somewhere, Paypal did side with me in the end but they just couldn't get me my money back.

It was UPS I believe, and it was just the empty xbox 360 box inside the shipping box.

I have a copy of the police report somewhere, Paypal did side with me in the end but they just couldn't get me my money back.

Ok good. The reason I ask is UPS is really good at checking weights on packages. What shows online will be what they entered but all boxes go through an automatic scale that weighs and also uses lasers to show the dimensions.

This way they charge the shipper on the back end if they didn't do something correctly. It is usually on air type packages but I have seen it on grounds if they are way off.

An xbox is not light and there is a probability it was triggered.

What was the weight on the label or online tracking showing?

• 4 weeks later...
If you are purchasing something never send it with the personal option, always with the purchase tab. Personal payments sent have no fees on the receivers end and will not protect you if there is an issue.

This came to bite me in the ass :angry: I made a purchase on this board and made the dumb mistake of doing that, the item came and it was missing stuff and was broken... the seller insisted i broke it but was willing to take it back for a refund. I had UPS packed and shipped just to be safe and while in transit he said he moved, so I had to re-route the package to his new place which cost extra... the package was delivered a week ago and still no refund or heard back from the guy. I have emailed, texted, called and nothing. Out of all of this I'm out of about $180, $100 for the item which I don't have and about $80 in shipping fee. I honestly don't know what to do at this point, would it be worth it to take it to small claims court and get my money back?

Edited by typicaltony
This came to bite me in the ass :angry: I made a purchase on this board and made the dumb mistake of doing that, the item came and it was missing stuff and was broken... the seller insisted i broke it but was willing to take it back for a refund. I had UPS packed and shipped just to be safe and while in transit he said he moved, so I had to re-route the package to his new place which cost extra... the package was delivered a week ago and still no refund or heard back from the guy. I have emailed, texted, called and nothing. Out of all of this I'm out of about $180, $100 for the item which I don't have and about $80 in shipping fee. I honestly don't know what to do at this point, would it be worth it to take it to small claims court and get my money back?

typical

• Recommended Discussions