Cultivated Reef

PAYPAL or no transaction

RayWhisperer

This is some advice to everyone dealing here in the Classifieds forums. This isn't a rule, it's just advice.

If you plan to buy something here, it would be wise to do so through Paypal. This won't always protect you from fraud. However, it will protect you to some degree. We have had several members scammed in recent days, so I felt this would be a good idea to post this.

Please, people. It's your money, be cautious with it. We have many fine members here. Most of whom are honest. Just do a bit of searching in the Vendor/Trader Feedback forum as well as the Classified forums. This will give you an idea if the member you are planning to deal with is trustworthy.

• Like 1
This is some advice to everyone dealing here in the Classifieds forums. This isn't a rule, it's just advice.

If you plan to buy something here, it would be wise to do so through Paypal. This won't always protect you from fraud. However, it will protect you to some degree. We have had several members scammed in recent days, so I felt this would be a good idea to post this.

Please, people. It's your money, be cautious with it. We have many fine members here. Most of whom are honest. Just do a bit of searching in the Vendor/Trader Feedback forum as well as the Classified forums. This will give you an idea if the member you are planning to deal with is trustworthy.

QFT

Ask if they sell on Ebay (many do), and browse their feedback if applicable.

Obviously, non-standard payment requests should raise a flag (MO, WU, Iraqi Dinar).

Edited by siwelk

The scamming party in my particular situation said that they couldn't accept paypal due to a $2000 limit. After doing some research it appears that removing that limit is easy, I believe it only takes a "verified" address and then you have instant limit removal.

• Like 1
The scamming party in my particular situation said that they couldn't accept paypal due to a $2000 limit. After doing some research it appears that removing that limit is easy, I believe it only takes a "verified" address and then you have instant limit removal.

Yup - And really.. who the hell is going to have 2000 dollars in a day thats selling 50 dollar item?

Yup - And really.. who the hell is going to have 2000 dollars in a day thats selling 50 dollar item?

You just have to sell that same item a bunch of times. This probably isn't the only forum they are doing this.

Or the only item they are doing this with.

Whatever the excuse, it doesn't matter. If they aren't willing (or can't) use paypal, it's probably better for you (the buyer) to not do business with them.

Thanks for your post and insight RayWhisperer, lets hope this issue is behind us so we can enjoy this lovely hobby.

gulfsurfer101

Put the toke down si its causing brain damage allergies..

This is great advice for anybody making holiday purchases.

I am verified with over 300 transactions and would not buy from any member that is not.

I try to limit my business on NR to include only paid members.

I'm a prejudiced mofo.

Meh, whatever. I've sold some items here. I don't have a feedback thread. It's usually pretty easy to find when someone is less than honest. If feedback turns up nothing, just look in their FS threads. If they've scammed anyone, it'll be evident in the threads.

I try to limit my business on NR to include only paid members.

I'm a prejudiced mofo.

I use to be a paying member until I heard what Ray gets paid.Most of the time the deal is to good to be true and the member has a 40 post count and the buyer just can't resist that MP 10 for $81.56 shipped.

Also never Gift money thru paypal this will give no protection.

gulfsurfer101

Dhut's customer service rep was a strange middle eastern man named diane. Top quality assurance that my money is in good hands.

which reminds me i probably should have started a feedback thread for myself - I'll see about finding the guys who got some chaeto :)

Or they can PM me and I will give them your cell #.

Dhut's customer service rep was a strange middle eastern man named diane. Top quality assurance that my money is in good hands.

It was PEGGY when I called.

LMAO.

It was like 8oF this am.

:D tonight its gonna be -2F good thing I am not ready for livestock in my tank.

sorry for the topic hijack :D

hehe

Also never Gift money thru paypal this will give no protection.

Yes don't gift unless you trust the person, for me I sometimes have to do split payments so the first one I will send normal and the rest gift or I will add some extra to my payments.

• Recommended Discussions