Coral Vue Hydros

Pili's Custom PicoAquariums Manta

Pili

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what do you notice that different about it from the halide?

Well, I guess because it's not full spectrum it just looks weird to the eye. I wish it had some red wavelengths, just to make it a little more even, not for growth.

Sweet setup, looking forward to your long term results with the Kessil!

Same here, this is more of an experiment than anything else.

how often and how much water change in percent volume are you doing? thx

I do a 4-5 gallon water change weekly and change out carbon once a month. I think I want to put together a small reactor for the carbon though.

Well, I guess because it's not full spectrum it just looks weird to the eye. I wish it had some red wavelengths, just to make it a little more even, not for growth.

Same here, this is more of an experiment than anything else.

I do a 4-5 gallon water change weekly and change out carbon once a month. I think I want to put together a small reactor for the carbon though.

4 to 5 gallons/week? wow thats alot! btw, is that female model in your avatar on the can?lol jk! :D

• 1 month later...

lolerz. My sps kicked the bucket, most of my zoas don't like the kessil, I got a skimmer (one digi that lived it coming back around), have a neat angelfish. Thats about it. I can post some pictures soon if anyone is interested.

ok, I'll grab some photos this weekend. I've had some growth, but it's really been less than stellar to be honost. I suppose i can't be sure what the root of it is, but parameters are always in check and I have very little nuisance algae. My source water isn't great but I know it grows corals like mad, so I've pretty much narrowed it down to pH swings or the kessil.

• 6 months later...

Archived