inTank Media Baskets

Pili's Custom PicoAquariums Manta

Pili

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice and clean! Looks great.

What is that to the right of your tank? Looks like a small aquarium on top of a steel box.

Have you considered bending EMT pipe for suspending the light? I've copied vicskimmer, and hid the wires in the pipe. It's pretty cool.

Nice and clean! Looks great.

What is that to the right of your tank? Looks like a small aquarium on top of a steel box.

Have you considered bending EMT pipe for suspending the light? I've copied vicskimmer, and hid the wires in the pipe. It's pretty cool.

Thanks! The metal box has the 3 ballasts for pendent. The display case sitting on top just has a trilobite fossil inside (geo geek here).

I have considered doing electrical conduit, but I need to figure out a way to make it free standing. Maybe one of these days I'll try to figure it out. I may be moving in a few months so the pvc somewhat temporary anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Tank is really maturing nicely. I've added quite a few things since my last post, I'll have to try and get some new photos soon.

2 quick and dirty photos because I'm a lazy bum. Starting to slow down the additions but i'll be adding a few acros in the next couple weeks if all goes according to plan.

click foh biggah

6792918835_6e51c6508a_z.jpg

Sweet new maxima, big fan.

6792927585_b45886d384_z.jpg

Thanks :) Big compliment coming from you two (rehype and teamshreiba).

PILI! :wub:

I didn't know you set up a new tank lol.

Couldn't stay away lol. I can't connect to irc from my house for some reason :( log on in the middle of the day!

Quick question for the LED pro's...how is the spread on these things?

I'm thinking about grabbing 2 of the 50/50 strips to help offset the bland Ushio 14k. I think i could replace the 18w PC actinics, or just add them next to the PC's. I'm really trying to avoid the spotlight effect though.

Quick question for the LED pro's...how is the spread on these things?

I'm thinking about grabbing 2 of the 50/50 strips to help offset the bland Ushio 14k. I think i could replace the 18w PC actinics, or just add them next to the PC's. I'm really trying to avoid the spotlight effect though.

thats the same ones i wanted to see about adding to my halide fixture

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks rbaby :)

I might just order 2 for ####s and giggles, I guess I can always return them.

you get them yet? might get some if they worked out well for you.

you get them yet? might get some if they worked out well for you.

I think I'm going to skip for now. Saw them at a LFS and they didn't seem to put out that much light.

In other news, quick photo of my new bud.

6859456803_04f73a07bb_z.jpg

Archived