Top Shelf Aquatics

Need help on ways to sneak hermits into plane!

SWAG

No need to sneak them. There is a recent article in the Reef Hobbyist Magazine (third quarter 2011) that gives you quite a bit of info that you will need to know in order to bring any live marine fish and inverts on an airplane. Someone here pretty much explained it in this thread.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still luling at people who think he will get in trouble...

I think you should repeat that one more time. We obviously didnt get it the first time. (sarcasm)

Still luling at people who think he will get in trouble...

Neil deGrasse Tyson should be here any minute.

Seriously though, its stupid, inhumane, and irresponsible to do something like this.

I think you should repeat that one more time. We obviously didnt get it the first time. (sarcasm)

I felt I should reiterate it again since people keep mentioning how bad of an idea that it is. Next time you would like to use a sarcastic comment make sure that you are confident enough in its cleverness that you do not have to put "sarcasm" behind it.

no one's used the word "luling" in 5 years.

Since when has anyone cared in the appropriate year of a phrases usage?

Regardless, I am curious as to how this turned out.

Since I travel to and from hawaii at LEAST once a year, I can end all the speculation here.

I know exactly what will happen since i've tried this more than once.

The crabs will get tossed in the trash, and if he's really unlucky a large fine.

---------------

Hawaii is a special case and unlike every other airport in the USA. They scan EVERYTHING. You are not allowed to bring in or take out anything 'alive.' The law is so strict they will confiscate apples and oranges.

Only up until pretty recently, even incoming dogs and cats had to go through a 3 month quarantine period.

Hawaii hermits suck anyway.

Lol at this whole thread. As mentioned many times, the USDA goes through EVERYTHING and then you put your luggage on the plane and bring your carry on luggage. I believe harvesting sand and shells is also illegal in HI or maybe that's FL.

I read this whole thread thinking since it was so long there would be a conclusion.....The op has like three post in the whole thread, the rest is a group of users getting off on a flame fest. Some of you should go outside more.

If I was you Swag I would try it. When you get home, recycle a little and don't buy bottled water and you should be even with mother nature lol.

Before

9fed6098.jpg

After

81095de7.jpg

FYI guys,I straight up told them I have hermits with me and they let me trough as long as they were in the main luggage.They didnt even care.NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

They checked to make sure I wasn't lying

3ea23982.jpg

FYI guys,I straight up told them I have hermits with me and they let me trough as long as they were in the main luggage.They didnt even care.NOT AGAINST THE LAW.

yea but now youre like totally going to hell or whatever

didnt you take anything away from all the other posts here? heyzeus hates it when you steal hermits from hawaii

yea but now youre like totally going to hell or whatever

didnt you take anything away from all the other posts here? heyzeus hates it when you steal hermits from hawaii

what?

Before

9fed6098.jpg

After

81095de7.jpg

3ea23982.jpg

Welcome back, SWAG.

Archived