inTank Media Baskets

Need help on ways to sneak hermits into plane!

SWAG

I agree. If you are going to steal something, you should DEFINITELY steal a dolphin. I bet most of the people who are telling you not to steal hermits would gladly tell you to shove a dolphin up your rectum.

LMAO!

If your going to risk it you may as well go for the biscuit! ~ Quoted from Fired Up.

Seriously don't do it, just so dumb when you can get them legally locally.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boys and girls just a quick reminder that planning illegal activity on a pulic forum is generally a bad idea and will likely get you a forum permaban, depending on the site. It will on this site anyway.

Can I tell you what makes my 12 hour night shift just a bit brighter? Banning tweens. Thank you for this opportunity.

"sneaking" and "planes" is a horrible idea. Take the legal route, their is an exception for the permit rule for personal pet travel. The government realizes to require everyone who transports these personal items to carry a permit would be crazy. You just let them know what you are exporting, assuming it is not a species banned from export, (no hermits are), you will be cleared if you follow their procedures. Contact your US fish and Wildlife Service in Honolulu here:

Honolulu, HI

3375 Koapaka St., #B296

Honolulu, Hawaii 96819-1867

Phone: (808) 861-8525 Fax: (808) 861-851

This assumes you have the proper license to have collected the hermits in the first place. That would be a different licensing/permitting issue and be controlled at the state level in most cases. In Hawaii it is my understanding at least, (which doesn't count b/c I am not licensed to practice law in Hawaii), that you would be OK in this case, it isn't listed as a prohibited item unless you plan to export for sale etc.. and there is no recreational license requirement if you used hand gear;

http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dar/fishing.html

7) Aquarium Permit - required for any person to use fine mesh net for collecting aquatic life for an aquarium. Report required if commercial. No fee. HRS 188-31. Available online or from DAR offices.

Marine recreational fishing: No license required.

Found at: http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dar/licenses_permits.html

(They interpret fine mesh net to be a barrier net or drop net. It isn't a hand held net, that falls under hand gear, bare hands is also hand gear, it is confusing but that is how it works. Since you aren't doing any of those activities, you wouldn't require that permit, you dont collect hermits with a fence net.)

What you are planning to do can be legal, just call and get clearance with US fish and Wildlife, or make it known to the security team at the airport, or even your carrier desk can help you with such things.

edit -

Yeah see here is HI's invert rule summary with link to the full rule...it is out of date in my opinion, and focuses on the hobby as a Tropical Fish Only hobby, it hasn't been updated since the advent of the reef tank much. (Compare to much stricter and comprehensive invertebrate regs in Florida) The coral and live rock restriction do, but those were federally imposed on every state in the union, it isn't a Hawaiian thing.

http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/dar/regulated_fish_mia.html

Lol,don't speak about computers that way anymore,you obviously know nothing.

You better got on a VPN man!

Yeah nice using your brain about printing this stuff out,you sound like a dumbass,you'll probably show up like a crack head at the airport.

Do you not get that they won't care about hermit crabs?

Why would I fly to HI to prove you wrong? Also why are you so dense?...

Hey oc have you based this dingle berry yet

TheUnfocusedOne
I did not read the whole thread but I do know that when you leave Hawaii the department of agriculture searches all of the carry/on and checked luggage. ALL of it.

So who'd OC ban?

His days are numbered. Euphyllia's too.

I've been trying to be helpful and nice, only had like 2 exceptions in a while. :(

Especially since my next ban will be a perma. :o

even if the TSA turned their noses up at the fact he had "shells" he would never be able to take enough water with him for WC etc. they wont survive. shoot they wont let you take a bottle of water you buy AT THE AIRPORT with you on the plane...

ive taken coral and algae in my luggage before, it has to go in your suitcase, which go into a cargo area on the plane thats not tempature controlled. again, they wont survive

I can't stop luling at everyone that thinks he is going to get in trouble... People citing the law lol...Hawaii also has a law that you can be fined for putting a coin in your ear... IF and that is a big IF he gets caught all they would do is toss the crabs...

I can't stop luling at everyone that thinks he is going to get in trouble... People citing the law lol...Hawaii also has a law that you can be fined for putting a coin in your ear... IF and that is a big IF he gets caught all they would do is toss the crabs...

Yeah cuz this is totally like all those outdated and ridiculous laws still on the books :rolleyes:

I have done this before but previous to 911! I went to the ABC store and bought tupperware and duct tape put my fish and crabs and live rock in the containers the morning of my return flight!

Kinda looked like a bomb all taped up shoved it in my luggage between all my layers of clothes!

Got it home put all in my tank and the fish jumped out a few months later!

Ever since I have had bad luck!

Archived