Top Shelf Aquatics

EZ's Mantis EcoPico

Ezsharkman

surgicalsense
Thanks all

hey...anyone got a small heater recommendation for me? besides the hydor theo. I have read nothing but bad stuff about them. looking for one with a small footprint and thinking 50 watt

There is a link on my thread somewhere or spiro's thread where we were discussing heaters. I will locate it.

http://beananimal.com/articles/aquarium-he...-know!.aspx

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a sweet set up. Nice job on the lighting set up. Hopefully the lights go on sale again before Christmas. That would be great as this tank will be set up in my daughter's room and is her X-mas present - shhh don't tel her.

Its killing me not to have anything in this tank (besides sharks) i need to go get a heater and some rock ASAP!

i just need to calm down and take it slow.

That's a sweet set up. Nice job on the lighting set up. Hopefully the lights go on sale again before Christmas. That would be great as this tank will be set up in my daughter's room and is her X-mas present - shhh don't tel her.

I will let you know if i see any deals. To be honest i wasn't really shopping for a pico. but at that price i just had to jump!

that's a great gift for your daughter... she is gonna love it... my lips are sealed fingerscrossed

Its killing me not to have anything in this tank (besides sharks) i need to go get a heater and some rock ASAP!

i just need to calm down and take it slow.

I'm sure your patience will be worth the wait! I wish I could go in a more "sculptural" design to my tank too - but I needed to transfer over my WalMart pico rock since I wanted to get that tank off my desk. I'm loving the new tank so far though!

I'm sure your patience will be worth the wait! I wish I could go in a more "sculptural" design to my tank too - but I needed to transfer over my WalMart pico rock since I wanted to get that tank off my desk. I'm loving the new tank so far though!

i will be following your tank... it will be fun to see what we can do with these great little setups

this post is reserved for FTS and updates... brb with the unboxing photos

i will be adding more info and photos to the unboxing post soon

ec-8.jpg

ec-17.jpg

This is going to be cool! Except you current scaping really sucks.

its a fantastic tank after you get it consistent and spend the extra to get the right equipment! i have this tank at my gfs house

Thanks!

Any tips you can give me? what equipment did you add to yours?

got any photos of your tank?

Thanks

EZ

edit... just found the GF tank thread... off to read it now

so i picked up some dry rock at the LFS yesterday and soaked it in rodi water overnight to help clean it up a little

I'm about ready to quit work early and smash it up. I started grabbing dry rock that i liked and when they guy went to weigh it it was over 12 lbs... i only need about 5 to 7 lbs, but since this is my first time i wanted a little extra

i hope i can make something cool

I know you will!!!!

I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy this on Black Friday! Even if it just sat until I was ready to take on another tank! Maybe they'll have that deal next year.

so i picked up some dry rock at the LFS yesterday and soaked it in rodi water overnight to help clean it up a little

I'm about ready to quit work early and smash it up. I started grabbing dry rock that i liked and when they guy went to weigh it it was over 12 lbs... i only need about 5 to 7 lbs, but since this is my first time i wanted a little extra

i hope i can make something cool

From someone who broke up 20lb of dry rock here's a few tips. B)

1. Anything bigger than your fist, use a screwdriver as a chisel.

2. Anything smaller, smash where it's non photogenic, the hammer will destroy all the nice little pores and you don't want that.

3. 10lb sledge is the best hammer I found for the job.

4. If you use silicone, ventilate! It smells so bad but it holds fairly instantly.

5. It's not cheating to use some sort of base that will be below the sand bed, my trunk is attached to a sheet of glass so that all the rocks and sand keep it upright without damaging the actual tank.

6. Curse a lot while you do it, it's manly.

^ All good advice, however I wish to add that I had the aid of some very fine sipping whiskey during the whole project. It really enhanced the creativity.......well I'm pretty sure it did.

Archived