Innovative Marine Aquariums

New 25gal Ecoxotic AIO

Fentanyl

Nice clowns! They really add a lot ot a tank.

Sorry about the emerald :( Mine died not too long after getting huge as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. Yea the emerald crab was getting too big and I was worried about it pestering the corals anyways so it all worked out.

• 10 months later...

A long over due update. Happy to say the tank is still alive and flourishing. Lots of changes have occurred since, with my lighting being one of the more significant ones. I found the MH producing too much heat and the lack of intensity adjustments so I opted to go LED. Been using the Radion XR30w for about 3 months now and haven't looked back since.

• Like 1

Thanks. It's still not quite stocked to where I would like it but with the Radion it definitely allows me to choose more SPS. The clowns do enjoy the light better as it has a natural mode setting that allows for the gradual increase in light mimicking sunrise and sunset. I do remember with my old MH they were always shocked when the lights first came on every morning. Having a vortech MP10w ES pump synced with the light makes it that much more worth it. I'll post some better pics when I get the chance

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

A long need update,

I have been having some minor ongoing issues with GHA so I decided to add a 10gal sump as well as the phosban 150 reactor with GFO the help with the problem. I also went with the eshoppe nano HOB overflow to get the water to the sump. It's been running for a few weeks and everything seems to be to going very good. I know HOB overflows are not ideal however for this particular situation it was the best choice. As a added security or peice of mind I also purchased the advance leak dectector for the apex controller just in case the overflow losses siphon. More updates to come.

I almost forgot my clown fishes have also spawned for the first time!!! Not really sure what I can do, will have to research that. Here's a pic of it.

post-49654-0-29699600-1369015655_thumb.jpg

Archived