Top Shelf Aquatics

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Add some mangroves :) it is big enough if you get small ones and since mine are growing at a rate of about 1"/3 months, it will be a while before they are too big. They don't really help with water quality but they are pretty.

Went to the frag swap today and it was awesome!

Instead of a red cap I got a pink birdsnest. Caps just seem to get so huge! I also picked up a lime green birdsnest but I think it's a ponape birdsnest. Finally I got a prism favia, tubs blue zoas, blue acan, and....a black ice clown :) I've really not liked snowflake clowns but I saw this little guy and fell in love. He's so cute! Gonna pair him(her) up with a black clown.

It's awesome to finally have a clown. In fact to get a clown was the whole reason I set up a reef!

No pictures tonight since I'm beat. Moved my freshwater 40 breeder into another room today. My back is killing me!

Pictures tomorrow of the new stuff.

New Pictures!

My ric is growing a new mouth :)

ricnewmouth.jpg

Green birdsnest

greenbird-1.jpg

Zoas

newzoas-1.jpg

Favia

prismfavia.jpg

Acan, pretty disappointed in this one. But we'll see how it goes

Acan-1.jpg

New clown!

newclown.jpg

topdown.jpg

He likes staying up near the powerhead. Every so often he'll take a trip around the tank. The damsel is being a bit of a jerk. No contact made just a little chasing. I'm not worried at this point. The activity of the clownfish does freak out the jawfish a bit.

He seems to be fitting in. Though he isn't eating very much :( Hopefully that improves.

I think I'm pretty set for coral now. Maybe a zoa or ric here and there but really I need to let things be so they can grow. I plan on getting a new clown soon to put with my current clown. Then I will have some hardware to buy before getting anything else living. I really need a RO/DI unit and an Auto Top Off. A new skimmer would be nice too. Sigh, there is always something to buy!

That is a beautiful clown! I hope he settles in and the damsel gives up his territory a little. I like the GPS growing on the back wall :)

Thank you :)

Now my little clown is trying out the frogspawn. The damsel won't follow him into the coral :)

That's great! I hope my new clowns decide to host my frogspawn instead of something silly like the thermometer (what the clowns I lost to brooklynella were hosting). Hopefully the damsel will leave him be now.

You are soooo lucky! My clown has been with me for about 10 months and still doesn't host any coral. He's got a giant Kenya tree right where he sleeps and nothing!!!!! He likes the surface skimmer too much :rolleyes:

Try to get your second clown soon, so you don't run into territory issues with the current clowfish.

Are you referring to Living Arts? They still had a nice black and white on Saturday. Also Booyah had a couple on Saturday for $15. Not sure if he'll be at the Janesville swap but if your not in a hurry to get one maybe he'd bring one up there?

Booyah was out by the time I got there :(

Yes I am heading to Living Art today. Petworld also had some but I'm very reluctant to buy anything alive from them.

Well I hit up the LFS as soon as they opened and they still had a very nice Black white. She is gorgeous but bigger than my current clown. Which makes sense because my current clown is really young. He's only been alone for less than 48 hours so I think I'm avoiding getting 2 females. The damsel cannot boss around the new clown. She just ignores him. The interactions between the two clowns has been fascinating!

Haha I have a hard time with my clowns & assessor taking pics....I think I may try the good ol tapea picture of a clownfish hosting a nem to my glass to see if they host the frogspawn haha

Archived