Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the color yellow :( Plus the sand bed is for my jawfish.

I'm still considering a bicolor. I don't mind some coral nipping. Heck my damsel has nipped my mushroom and zoas a couple times.

Awwww crap! :angry:

I got a bicolor blenny! He nipped at my GSP. But only once. I already love him! :happy:

Yours was probably just nipping at micro-algae growing on the GSP. The only thing my bi-color bothered with was an open brain coral.

Happy New Year, Hravanii!!!!! I look forward to a new year of reefing with you :happy:

Well the frogspawn is still angry but better so I took photos anyway. I opened up the sand bed a little more for future jawfish, possible red scooter.

Full Tank

fulltankjan.jpg

Coral

coralsjan1.jpg

fishjan.jpg

duncanjan.jpg

Tank is looking great! How do you like those sun polyps? Do you have to feed them every day? I have alot of shadows in my tank and I think they might go well there.

I really like them. I feed them every other day and they seem to do well. They open up in the evening before the lights go off. It's pretty neat. They are kind of a pain to feed because the placement is not an easy reach. I have a new feeder coming in the mail that should help. ALso I have read that shrimp will steal food from them so I don't have one.

I almost bought a nice green speckled bubble tip off Diver's Den today but I talked myself out of it. I should really get an Auto Top Off before I get an anemone. I can't wait till Sealife is taking orders again. I'm itching to buy something for the tank.

The tank is doing well. Everything is growing and happy.

I changed the thread name because I felt like it. Now I want to make a pretty banner.

The frag swap I was going to in Feb, got moved up to Jan 28th! I'm super excited. I will be on the lookout for a prism favia, birdsnest and maybe a fire and ice zoa frag to replace the one I'm having so much trouble with.

Lookin' good!

I'm gonna see if I can make it to the frag swap at the end of this month, too.

Tank isn't up 'n running, but hey, I can drool.

Mr. Microscope

Hey there Wisconsinite! Nice looking reef! I'm from Milwaukee. Where do you live? Did you make it to the frag swap at the Discovery World this October?

Hey!

I'm in Madison. I did go to that frag swap and it was awesome. I'm really looking forward to the one here in Madison at the end of the month.

Also made my order with sea life today!

1 Nano Purple Sea Plume Gorgonia

1 Neon Blue Zoanthid, Nano

Cluster

1 Saddled Blenny

1 Yellowhead Jawfish

I decided with the frag swap so close I would wait on the rics. I'd like to see them in person before buying. I did still grab the blue zoas though. I also decided to try out the gorgonian. Finally besides the jawfish I got a saddled blenny. Not much info out there on this species but seems like a nice nano fish. They also look a bit like a hawkfish without the aggression. SWEET!

Yay!!!!! Awesome order you made. I believe I have those blue neon zoas and they are my favorite zoa in the tank. Very vivid color, although it took me a while to achieve that color. They look great with LED :)

I also love the new signature!!!!!

FedEx guy just delivered my package!!

He also brought a 2 treats for my dogs :flower:

The fish look amazing and I LOVE orderings from sealife. I got a couple hermits and a yellow sea whip for free! They are such a great company.

The jawfish and blenny look healthy and alert considering they just got shipped from Florida.

Pictures to come once everything settles.

Archived