inTank Media Baskets

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

Little orange clown is doing worse this morning :(

I don't think he's going to make it. I tried to catch him but he's too quick.

The corals are looking good though. My eagle eyes are still closed up. I hope they are just being moody. I pick up some of the corals this afternoon. Like I said before no new fish till I know the clown fish's fate. I just wish I could catch the little guy. Though from my reading it sounds like he's too far gone :(

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about your little orange clown. Did you say, or are you not sure, what is wrong with him? Is that the little fancy one you just picked up at the swap?

I'm glad your corals are looking good again :)

He's not eating and very skinny. Now he's just swimming listlessly. He is the one I got at the swap :(

I bet he has flukes or some parasite like that. It sounds like it's too late, but in the future, you can add prazi pro to a full-on reef tank with no problems. It will kill the parasites. I've used it before with great results.

I've used prazi pro in my freshwater tanks before. I didn't know it was reef safe. That's good to know for the future. I think I just need to find a better source for clowns. It seems like a tank raised to be this sick is ridiculous.

Yeah I don't feel good about it looking back. But what is done is done.

I will be trying a new source for a replacement. Alpha corals is located in my city. I should be able to pick up a nice clown from him.

My skeptical side questions whether the owner knowingly sold it "cheap" to get rid of a sick fish. Hopefully not, but I can be a cynic -_-

Well on the good side at least You didn't waist 90 bucks! Don't be discouraged on your loss though!

Happy reefing!

The little clown looks so bad this morning :(

I think he won't make it through the night or the brittle star will get him. Poor guy

I've noticed that my eagle eyes have been irritated for a couple days now. Looking closer I saw pods crawling on them. I had this problem before I got fish, where I had so many pods they were crawling everywhere and bothering corals. With the damsel gone I don't have a pod eater.

A Green spotted Mandarin fish is calling your name! If ur worried if it will fight with ur jawfish u cud just go with a six line. Mine always stayed away from my watchman goby's cove.

I've always wanted a scooter blenny but I thought I would have to wait a few more months for one. I've also considered a flasher wrasse but I don't know if they pick at the rocks or not.

Just moved some things around. Hopefully it will clear up so I can get a new full tank shot.

In other news, I cut down my light cycle by an hour and I no longer have to scrap the glass everyday. Little things sure do affect a reef.

I've always wanted a scooter blenny but I thought I would have to wait a few more months for one. I've also considered a flasher wrasse but I don't know if they pick at the rocks or not.

Just moved some things around. Hopefully it will clear up so I can get a new full tank shot.

In other news, I cut down my light cycle by an hour and I no longer have to scrap the glass everyday. Little things sure do affect a reef.

Haha I first considered suggesting a flasher wrasse but they do not eat pods. They are very cool though and this guy I know might sell me one for about 20 bucks! Have u done any tests on your tank though? To see if your out of the cycle yet?

I did a parameter check out of curiosity.

Salinity:1.023 little low, should fix itself in a day or so. I'll hold off on top offs for now.

PH:8.0

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite:0

Nitrate: between 0 and 5

I was surprised at the nitrates. I feed heavily, I thought they would be higher. Maybe the fuge is helping.

Also noticed today that I browned out my SPS :( Most likely due to the parameter changes I had after moving all the rocks. Oh well at least they didn't cost me much. They hopefully will recover in a few months. If not then I;m not a good SPS keeper. That's fine, I prefer my softies and LPS anyway :)

Well in my opinion it seems like your tank is old enough for a scooter if u wanted one. It seems like you have an surplus of pods for a scooter to much on plus you have a fuge so your scooter theoretically can't eat you out of pods.

I'm sorry I'm always telling you to buy fish lol I just really love this tank thread!

Six-lines are really neat, and they will definitely hunt down the pods. I really hope your little clown makes it... I'm always sad to lose fish. How are the frags doing?

I heard sixlines end up getting aggressive. I'd like to keep this tank peaceful if I can.

The frags are doing good. The candy cane had feeding tentacles out almost immediately last night. I fed it tonight. I love LPS :) The ric started opening up until I moved it. Looks good though.

The little clown looks so bad this morning :(

I think he won't make it through the night or the brittle star will get him. Poor guy

I've noticed that my eagle eyes have been irritated for a couple days now. Looking closer I saw pods crawling on them. I had this problem before I got fish, where I had so many pods they were crawling everywhere and bothering corals. With the damsel gone I don't have a pod eater.

:(

I've never had that problem! haha

What is your photoperiod?

I heard sixlines end up getting aggressive. I'd like to keep this tank peaceful if I can.

I hear that they can get aggressive. I had one one in a 12g with a clown and a royal gamma. It was the last fish added and I didn't have a problem. It took of red flatworms for me. It was a pretty cool fish and out in the open a good bit. To stay on the safe side, if you want a sixline or some other moderately aggressive fish, you can save it for last.

Lights come on at 10am and go off at 7pm.

The little clown passed last night :( My clean up crew hadn't gotten to him yet when I pulled the body. Hopefully I won't see a spike. My female clown is lonely and keeps trying to hang out with my jawfish. He is not amused.

At least the little guy isn't suffering anymore! Sorry for the loss!!!!!!! You most likely won't see a spike from the dead clownfish. He probably wasn't dead long enough for that to happen.

If you want a peaceful tank, don't get a sixline. The theory of adding last does work, but we all know fish die. And we all like to replace dead fish. When that happens....the sixline will turn into the biggest jerk ever! They do not like new additions!!!!! Unless you get really lucky and the sixline you get is really laid back. I've never heard of that though :lol:

Archived