Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you still have your damsel?

Yep, he minds his own business (so far anyway). It seems to be the luck of the draw with damsels. Some are good and others are evil.

Hey nice tank! Is the next frag swap for Wisconsin the one in janesvile? Hopefully I can make it to that one cuz I missed the Madison one :(

Yeah there is one in Janesville in March. The Madison one was awesome. I don't know if I will be going to the Janesville one. I'm running out of room for coral.

You should go! You can't have to much coral. Do u know of any good places to get coral or Swedish in Milwaukee? So far the places I like are best fish and aquatics unlimited. Mostly cuz there close.

I haven't been to best fish but I have heard a lot of good things about them. Aquatics unlimited is also awesome. If you have some spare time Hoffer's is worth checking out.

I'll be picking up a couple more corals locally. I'm also going to take some stuff to the LFS to hopfully get some credit towards a new purple firefish :)

My small clownfish is looking worse. I'm starting to think about what I'm going to do if he ends up passing. I could get another nice snowflake from Alpha corals but it will cost a good amount of $$$. Or I could get a small black clown to pair withe the female I have.

Also another reason to not add the damsel back(as if I needed more), my water has been cloudy ever since I moved the rocks out. Why? Because my jawfish has been working none stop on some new burrows. He's making such a mess!

I've been to hoffers there just a longer drive than I like. if u want a good deal on purple firefish pm me, I know a guy who sells them for like 15 bucks or so plus he's a registered Wisconsin fish dealer. I'm get some orange skunk clowns possibly a blue spotted jawfish from him. I had black clowns and they just get boring, like normal clowns. That's why I'm getting the skunks. I love jawfish though! I really wanna get one. But once ur tank clears up maybe some pics of the new look!?

Builder Anthony

i go to chicago every now and then so i pass threw milwauke but im not heading there till spring.

ya was tryen to find someome close to trade with.

A few corals were not looking good this morning. So I'm mixing up some water for a water change. All fish additions have been put on hold until I make sure everything is going to be ok. My acans are looking dead and my eagle eyes look weird.

I tested the salinity and it was a bit high. I added some RO water to help bring it down a bit.

Did water change and things are looking better. While cleaning out the back I noticed my heater was in pieces. Nothing had spilled in the tank, just the plastic pieces had come apart. I threw it out to be safe. Anyone know of a reliable heater for a 25 gallon tank? I use visitherms on my freshwater tanks(I have one in the reef tank as a back up) the only thing I don't like is the cord is way too short.

In happier news I will be adding these orals within the next couple weeks:

1 Blue Candy Cane

1 Green ric

1 Pink Pocillopora Frag

1 Magician Frag

1 Blue Sympodium Frag

In happier news I will be adding these orals within the next couple weeks:

1 Blue Candy Cane

1 Green ric

1 Pink Pocillopora Frag

1 Magician Frag

1 Blue Sympodium Frag

Where are u finding the blue candy cane!? I've never herd of a blue one. Although I'm still somewhat a reef noob XD

It's more a grey blue, anyway I'm getting a frag from Chyendra.

Thanks for the link Gena. It's the heater I've been eyeing I just wanted to see what others were using.

Thanks for the link Gena. It's the heater I've been eyeing I just wanted to see what others were using.

NP :) I think a lot of people use that one. It definitely has a great rep.

I use a marineland visi-therm for my 37 column. It keeps it at 78.5 all day. Or at least when I look at it lol

I have a visi-therm in there now and I use them on all my freshwater tanks, but the cord it too short for this tank. It's working for now but I would like to switch it out soon.

I'm looking forward to see a photo of that blue candy cane... even if it is more grey blue. All I ever see are green ones.

Hope the water change was all the corals needed.

Archived