Coral Vue Hydros

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made up my first batch of RO/DI and made a huge mess. But it's still better than buying from the store.

ALso I was checking out some pictures and wanted to share how much my clown's color has been changing

When I first got him

redclownleft.jpg

Now

orangeclown.jpg

I made up my first batch of RO/DI and made a huge mess. But it's still better than buying from the store.

I just ordered my ro/di unit this weekend, hope to have it by end of the week. Any tips on how to avoid making a mess? :)

My issue was getting water pressure right. Too low and it didn't produce any RO/DI, too high and it shot water onto the wall lol. I couldn't get the faucet adapter tight enough to prevent leaking. I also forgot about my container and overflowed.

That is so cool!!!!!! He's such a beauty!!!!!!

+1 he is a stunning fish!

I need to get a RODI unit..... after the new tank is set up.

The Rock Flower Anemones, They like to hold hands :)

:P Cute. Those are awesome looking corals. I hope you have better luck in the future. I'm sorry you've lost some :(

War Coral, this thing is awesome and seems to be the only thing that can harm xenia lol

I guess it's just living up to it's name haha

Now I have a very small ric carpet going :)

Ordered my RO/DI unit finally along with some other needed stuff. It's way more fun to spend money on corals and fish :(

Nems all look great :)

Woot! Ric carpets are awesome. Yes, it is more fun to spend money on coral sand fish but then you're like wait, ####, I need to good equipment to keep this stuff healthy so it's a downward spiral in my budget lol.

Again, your clown is a badass. Awesome color change! How much time between those two photos?

Besides the brown favia, would you recommend Salty Critters? Can't beat their prices. I guess you still kinda get what you pay for with not the best pieces.

I hate buying boring stuff :( I really need to get a calcium, magnesium and alkalinity test kit. I've just been feeling cheap.

I got the clown around mid February.

I feel kind of meh about SaltCritters. I wish their photos were a little more standard. I'm not sure what lighting they are using but my rics look nothing like their pictures under actinics.

Most people have been really happy with their purchases but I think I will be looking elsewhere for corals in the future. Their acans do look really nice though, I'm just not in the market for those.

Fish arrived and WOW LA sure knows how to pack things.

Both fish are alive and acclimating now.

She is beautiful. I'm gonna call her Red, after a Pit Bull I met at the Shelter that we just couldn't save.

I hope you find a clown to pair with yours :( I love my pair

OK new fishes!

I was super impressed with Diver's Den, the fish were shipped very well and the packaging included an acclimation guide. They also emailed me a copy of the guide along with helpful links.

Here's the styro after I pulled it out of the box

packed.jpg

These fish were in 4 bags! Including some blacked out bags so they would not be stressed

bagged.jpg

Fish Acclimating

acclimating.jpg

And the Scooter :) :)

redscooter.jpg

The blenny is really stressed so the lights have been out for most of the evening to help him settle in.

The red scooter has really settled in and is picking at the rocks. I got some ova(what they were feeding her before she was shipped). I haven't tried feeding tonight, I figured too much was going on. I will feed them in the morning

Spirofucci

Cool fish!!!!

I have to get all my coral online and I agree, I can't stand it when the coral you get looks nothing like the picture. Why buy a boring coral, lol.

I must say that I have been very pleased with Morgan at the Reef Gardener. Her corals arrive the same or better than her pictures.

SaltCritters told me to put the frag up high in the tank. I did and it's still ugly. I'll have to get a picture o it at some point.

The red Scooter ate this morning :) She like frozen and as expeted is a slow eater, but she has no competition for any food that falls to the sand. None of my fish eat food once it's on th sand bed.

The blenny is feeling better this morning. He's still jumpy but has been out and about.

surgicalsense

Okay caught up... Love the little bubble nem ... that would look cool in my tank like yours. I just have this gut feeling totally not ideal for me. Those flower nems are pretty.

I never see the blue heads at my LFS. The only time I have it was sick with something. Also I needed to buy something other than the scooter to meet the minimum purchase amount.

Thanks SurgicalSense! I was very hesitant about the bubble tip. I went back and forth on it for a while but I finally just bit the bullet and made sure to get a cheap one lol. It still has not moved from that spot and has done really well.

New pictures!

Bad picture of the blenny/ He's still a little jumpy. He's cute though! Reminds me of a small blue midas blenny the way he flits around.

fuzztblenny.jpg

Scooter :) She is so cute! Gave me a huge scare last night when she buried herself in the sand. I couldn't find her at all then I saw just her eyes sticking out of the sand. Evidently it's something they do at night.

scooterove.jpg

The urchin because I haven't posted one of him in a while

urchinmushroom.jpg

My ugly frag from SaltCritters

uglyfrag.jpg

My Nicer green maze frag I got locally

betterfrag.jpg

And my rock flower nems

rocknems-1.jpg

I saw red scooter blennies at the LFS yesterday! They are too cute! Glad she's eating for you!

My black and white clown is being so mean!

My black clown use to live in the frogspawn and the orange clown lives in the duncan. Well last week the black clown chased the other out of the duncan and has claimed it as her own. She is being rougher with the duncan so it isn't opening up as much. Last night she chase the poor orange clown out of a little patch of xenia he was trying to host. All day she has kept him up in the upper right corner of the tank. He's not beat up but she's being really aggressive with him :(

Archived