Cultivated Reef

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

I can't wait to see your new goby!!!!! Are they bigger than the yellow variety or the same size?

You're gonna love the magicians!!!!!

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My new anemone crab is awesome. It's neat to watch him filter and he will take food right from the turket baster I use to feed my sun coral

Lucky duck. Mine rarely comes out.

Update on the reef

Picked up my magicians today. It only opened up partially until a hermit crawled all over it. It looked AMAZING under the LEDs though. The blue sympodium look angry. I head they can take several days to open up. It's starting to open a little now that the main light is off.

I saw my green clown goby for the first time today since I got it. He it hilarious but still very shy. He was hoping around the tank and even hung out on the powerhead for a few seconds. He still looks really healthy and is picking at the rocks. He's not eating for me but I'm confident that there is enough stuff crawling around my tank right now to sustain him.

Speaking on clown goby diet, this morning I noticed a bite out of my large birdsnest. I knew it was a risk and one I was planning on ignoring. The rest of the birdsnest looks perfectly healthy.

He's so cute and I'm wondering if I could get a couple more very small gobies, like a shark nose and green banded. Logically I would think my tank could handle that instead of one large-ish fish(wrasse). I would still want the nano blenny. I hate having to choose! Oh well.

I also noticed today that there is a tiny, and I mean TINY green hammer growing where the old on use to be. It looks so nice and once it gets huge I can sell it!

I have had this tank for almost 4 months and I have had this rock for 7 months. Last night I found 2 tiny ball anemones that I have NEVER seen before. I can't believe after all this time I am still finding new hitch hikers :)

I have had this tank for almost 4 months and I have had this rock for 7 months. Last night I found 2 tiny ball anemones that I have NEVER seen before. I can't believe after all this time I am still finding new hitch hikers :)

Me too! I didn't see my hitch hiker crab till 2-3 months after I got the rock. I was shocked! I can't wait to see photos of your new stuff. I really want a green clown goby :)

Some new pictures of the new stuff. No goby pictures :( I haven't seen him all day

Nice group shot

groupmarch.jpg

Magician

magician.jpg

White Anemone Crab

whitecrab.jpg

New Hermit

blkandorng.jpg

New Rock Anemone!

anemone.jpg

I know he's a little bleached but I got him for a steal.

Wow...that hermit chose a large shell :lol:

I really like the rock anemone color a lot. Like a citrine. I don't care if it is bleached. I'd want it to stay that color :happy:

Wow...that hermit chose a large shell :lol:

I really like the rock anemone color a lot. Like a citrine. I don't care if it is bleached. I'd want it to stay that color :happy:

I agree. That hermit must be a wrecking ball haha.

Some observations from this evening:

My pink birdsnest is turning green. It was brown and now it's turning green. According to another site it's due to not enough light. Fine by me since my pink occi is still as bright pink as ever. Also my actual green birdsnest is getting it's color back.

Is this pink skin that is now turning green or pink polyps now turning green??

I have a pink skinned BN getting hit with alot of LED light and the polyps turned bright blue.I want to move the piece but don't want to risk changing the color morph.

Yeah the hermit gave me quite a scare when I added it to the tank. It went over to the nearest blue leg and started just punching it! After a few minutes it noticed the empty shell, released the blue leg and changed shells right away. I guess the old one was too small, the blue leg walked away unharmed.

The skin of my birdsnest is turning green, the polyps are starting to look a little purple. We shall see how much it transitions :)

Yeah the hermit gave me quite a scare when I added it to the tank. It went over to the nearest blue leg and started just punching it! After a few minutes it noticed the empty shell, released the blue leg and changed shells right away. I guess the old one was too small, the blue leg walked away unharmed.

haha :owned:

I've been so scared that someone got it before me. I keep checking my email but no new messages :)

I did a water change last night, the first in about a month. Everything gets so angry when I do water changes, this morning everything looks good again. Though my rock anemone has moved to the back of the tank <_< I've always heard leave new anemones be and they will find a place they like. He looks good otherwise.

The green clown goby is still hiding a lot but looks good.

Builder Anthony

looks like a baby plate poping out from the crevices of the rock,do you think you could post some close ups of zoas?

I don't even know what that is. I am blinded but it's awesomeness.

It's a Rock Flower Anemone I'm getting from Reef Gardener :D

looks like a baby plate poping out from the crevices of the rock,do you think you could post some close ups of zoas?

Not sure what you mean, which zoas?

Builder Anthony

the one rock with jagged edges has some growth like babay plate......see tenecales?why not snap all zoas?

edit

i went back to page 15 but cant seem to find it,i remember the orange ric in picture.i am sort of flyen threw alot of threads though.....lol now i got you looking,i thought i saw one for sure it was in a crack..... pink and green

That looks like a beauty. I always though that anemone's were very aggressive and not recommended for smaller aquariums. Or some fine with 25gal?

Archived