Coral Vue Hydros

A Wisconsinite Reef

HVani

Sorry to hear about the little guy :(

If you want a peaceful tank, don't get a sixline. The theory of adding last does work, but we all know fish die. And we all like to replace dead fish. When that happens....the sixline will turn into the biggest jerk ever! They do not like new additions!!!!! Unless you get really lucky and the sixline you get is really laid back. I've never heard of that though :lol:

What she said :)

Good point.

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's the route I'm going to go. I think I will end up getting a scooter blenny eventually. Would a tailspot blenny eat any of them? It's so cute how they perch.

Yes they will eat pods and bits of algae but I wouldn't recommend it as a primary food source. I heard of a lot people putting these with jawfish so it should be fine. Still though I'd do some research before u buy. As I'm sure u know haha

Yeah I will be doing the research. I know that first I want to replace my lost clown. This is more brainstorming for fish number 4. Fish number 5 may come to be but I haven't decided. I guess it depends on what fish number 4 is lol.

I really wanted a bicolor blenny but it looks like they are a risk to corals and my jawfish. Bummer.

Picture time!

Full tank shots, terrible but you get the idea

febshot.jpg

cornerview.jpg

The fish

loneclown.jpg

newburrow.jpg

Corals

trumpetcoral.jpg

febplate.jpg

Inverts

blurrystar.jpg

brittleandsun.jpg

whitehermit.jpg

cutehermit.jpg

Also here is a bad picture of my 40 breeder

plantedtankfeb.jpg

And my Betta Dragon :)

dragon-1.jpg

Where in WI are you ? Im in Wausau ! I get to Foster and Smith often, the one thing I do hate about them is they do not offer discounted shipping when you live an hour away :(

Thanks all :)

I have not had a blue spotted jawfish so I can't directly compare them. I picked the yellow headed because they were smaller cheaper and hardier. Blue spots seem to die for no reason :(

I'm in Madison and I'm also bummed that Dr fosters and diver's den do not offer discount shipping within the state. Everyone else seems to!

My jawfish keeps my sand bed really stirred up. I vacuum it here and there to remove flatworms but mostly I leave it alone.

I love the new banner! How do u create those? Do u have to just have tons of amazing corals?! Lol

You send me photos and I send you back a banner :) I made one for NickCage.

I just throw together a banner in photoshop. Usually my pictures are crummy but if you crop them enough they can look really good :)

haha yeah. All mine photos were taken with my smart phone. But it's not a very smart camera.

Tonight there will be a red mushroom massacre. There will be slime, lots of slime.

I've decided to try and 1)Give the other mushrooms a chance to catch up and 2) start a ric rock. The red mushrooms have dominated that rock and I want some variety. I also need to adjust my flow, my birdsnest are getting stuff stuck in the branches. I need another powerhead, there's always something. :P

Tonight there will be a red mushroom massacre. There will be slime, lots of slime.

I've decided to try and 1)Give the other mushrooms a chance to catch up and 2) start a ric rock. The red mushrooms have dominated that rock and I want some variety. I also need to adjust my flow, my birdsnest are getting stuff stuck in the branches. I need another powerhead, there's always something. :P

It will be a Valentine's Day Massacre....can't pick a more appropriate day for it :lol:

HA I didn't even think of that!

Ok the deed has been done. Some of them caught on and ducked into the rocks. I removed about 3 large ones and a few small ones. Rock looks better already. We'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow...

I am headed to Alpha corals to hopefully get a new clown fish :)

Also I think I figured out my next fish. I think I'm going to get a tailspot blenny. I really want a blenny and they seem like the best fit for my tank. For a possible fish after that I'm still at a loss lol. I'm still considering a purple firefish but I don't want one that hides all the time(like Gena had). Then I think of a scooter blenny, but worry about feeding it. Then I think of a flasher wrasse but ...well I guess I don't have many concerns there. I still have a few months to decide. There are just so many cool nano fish I want to pick a good one. I would really like something colorful but I just love scooters :)

Hey I'll take any extra mushrooms! I'm in the same boat as you except my tank is barely 3 months old haha. I've seen some purple fire fish be really social and some seem really shy is you add tem before the clowns he might not be very shy. That's just my thought process on it though lol

Tailspot blenny is an awesome choice!

I think it's the luck of the draw with FF. I had the orange variety and that one was always out for me. This purple one was too big for my tank. I think that was probably part of the reason why she was always in hiding. I saw some darling little ones at my LFS the other day. I didn't even know they came that small :lol: If you go with the purple firefish....get a small/young one.

I hope you get your clown fish today :happy: Fun stuff!

Archived