Coral Vue Hydros

ApiratenamedJohn's sunken treasure (bc14)

ApiratenamedJohn

ApiratenamedJohn

FTS

IMG_0473.jpg

Equipment list

2 Koralia nano 240s

100 watt heater

two bulb 24 inch t5 lights

chemipure in chamber two

refugium in chamber two

Carbon in chamber two

20 pounds live sand

21pounds live rock

Stocking list

1 naked misbar hybrid clown (Vixen)

1 mocha clown (Rupert)

1 bicolor blenny (Gilbert)

2 maxi mini carpet nems

pink and yellow sea cucumber (Phillipe)

5 sexy shrimp ( hasselhoff, stamos, pamela, gerard, and carmen)

Porcelain crab (Bruce)

Pom Pom crab (Alfonso)

3 normal hermits

2 blue hermits

assorted snails

frogspawn

clove polyps

common yellow polyps

GSP

kenya tree

pom pom xenia

armor of the gods colony

assorted palys and zoas

assorted mushrooms

red grape

maidens hair

green grape

unknown green macro

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ApiratenamedJohn
nice setup , loved the green algae ,and the scorpionfish looks kool, i bet it looks better in person.

Any vdos ?

Thanks man. Yeah he is pretty cool to watch. And even nicer to watch him inhale foods. I havent even thought about a video. Lol I'll have to take one next time I feed.

ApiratenamedJohn

phillipe

post-68009-1322553528_thumb.jpg

terrance hunting some ghost shrimps. (forgot to video record this)

post-68009-1322553642_thumb.jpg

terrance trying to gulp down the fifth and final ghost shrimp of this meal.

post-68009-1322553758_thumb.jpg

phillipe

post-68009-1322553867_thumb.jpg

post-68009-1322554141_thumb.jpg

ApiratenamedJohn
Love the tank. I wanna get a scorpion fish but I heard there hard to take care of

super simple. live ghost shrimp every few days and consistent water changes to take out his monster SH&^& lol other then that i dont do much for him.

ApiratenamedJohn
Hmmm man I want one. Idk where I would get live ghost shrimp

usually the fish stores in my area have them. but when they dont a damsel or peppermint shrimp works too. lol

ApiratenamedJohn
I'm so getting one! What size tank you think would be perfect for one?

i have mine in the bc 14. most people say too much bioload bla bla blablabla bla but he has been in there for half the life of the tank with no problems (4 months). its only too much if youre lazy with your tank. i have macro algeas and a refugium in chamber two to help with that to though.i also run carbon and chemipure elite in chamber two. i also do about 30% water change every week making sure to vacuum all his giant poops off the sand bed. but he will probably be moved over to my bc29 once it cycles so he can get some friends.

he is a pretty lazy fish though. he likes to find a spot with good flow and just sway back and forth like he is fooling us. so as long as you keep the water clean i wouldnt think a giant footprint would be necessary.

Hmm I kinda want to set up a 24 for one. Do they need alot of rock? I think I'll do alot of macros. It would be kinda cool huh? Hmm here comes another tank!

ApiratenamedJohn
Hmm I kinda want to set up a 24 for one. Do they need alot of rock? I think I'll do alot of macros. It would be kinda cool huh? Hmm here comes another tank!

I set up that little cave for him but he rarely ever goes in there. So I doubt it. But more rock would help with the biological filtration I would think. He would just climb it anyway lol Terrance spends a lot of time perched and swaying looking for his next victims.

ApiratenamedJohn
I'm setting up one. I'm ping to go bug sand as lr today and get this going

I'm interested to see where you go with this. It will be nice to see another member with these nice fish. They come in so many colors too. Yellow, black, dark red, and pink. I want another in a different color for Terrance to have a friend lol

ApiratenamedJohn

They are a different fish but alot of the same behavior amd requirements. This one just has poison barbs. But when I work in my tank he avoids my hand rather then attacking it.

They are a different fish but alot of the same behavior amd requirements. This one just has poison barbs. But when I work in my tank he avoids my hand rather then attacking it.

Hahaha barbs don't scare me. Had a rabbit fish and lion fish barb sting me. It hurts lol!

ApiratenamedJohn

Savagery. Lol I've never been stung but I'm told the leaf scorpion fish has the weakest one. Something like a bee sting.

ApiratenamedJohn
Lion fish felt like you had your arm in boiling water for 2 hours lol

I can't wait to get my fuzzy dwarf lionfish or fu Manchu lol

Archived