Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

ApiratenamedJohn's cut throat cove (bc29)

ApiratenamedJohn

ApiratenamedJohn
Nice hog. Do puppy and frog fish eye ball each other?

humphrey is more interested in the tv then the tanks. but coach (my 11 month rott pup) loves staring down the fish.

I don't know why but that fish is so fascinating, great pics!

i agree! he is easily my favorite fish. im trying to find a couple more. but im not looking for another yellow. i want to get the whole color range. i think that would be awesome.

and some cell phone pics the fiance managed to snag of mr. pink.

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_6652.jpg

IMG_7158.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha my weimaraner (spelling?) Loves to watch tv but our 2 year old loves watching the tank. She is stuck on my fighting conch, always waiting for it to move then yelling "its moving" lol

Seeing the other color variants all in the same tank would be interesting, I asked my LFS if they ever get those fish in and sadly only special order <_<

ApiratenamedJohn
pics or it didnt happen

i can try. haha but it will probably be a while before i get those pics. me getting up usually distracts them.

Ha my weimaraner (spelling?) Loves to watch tv but our 2 year old loves watching the tank. She is stuck on my fighting conch, always waiting for it to move then yelling "its moving" lol

Seeing the other color variants all in the same tank would be interesting, I asked my LFS if they ever get those fish in and sadly only special order <_<

yeah thats how the closest stores are too. but every once in a while they get yellow ones. the farther stores (about an hour and a half at the least) get them in sometimes but they dont stay for long. one had a black and red one that i still kick my self for not getting.

If I didn't have to pre pay I would order one to just check it out lol

I have a 20L in the closet, thinking of making that an aggressive tank if I only could get the better half to go with it

With having the nano on the fritz right now she isn't like the cash drops I been making on that, be hard to convince her of a second tank at the moment

ApiratenamedJohn

Yeah I understand that. I have a 125 in the garage I can't wait till I can set up. I want a scorpion fish tank with all sorts.

Yea, I would love to have a 6' tank, it'd be great for a fowlr with swimmers like lionfish and tangs. My first tank was 120g, 4'x2'x2' miss that thing, it would have made the perfect reef.

Big tanks are awesome for stability, my nano I have to keep a constant eye on.

ApiratenamedJohn

I want to have it set up, somehow connected to the bc 14 and 29 and possibly another system as well. Thanks to metrokat I'm thinking maybe a rsm. Have the rsm set up as a small pipefish and mandarin or seahorse and macro algae tank. The contents of the 14 can move to the 29. And the 14 can be a mantis shrimp tank. and the 125 will be a a scorpionfish and eel reef. That's just how I see it in my head at least. Lol

ApiratenamedJohn

Ok so some bad news and a few noobish questions.

Bad news first. My tomato clown got an anchor worm in his eye. he didn't make it. :( my first fish loss.

Noob question time. I have a couple aptaisia that just came up out of nowhere. I can't throw a peppermint shrimp in there cause Terrance and houdini will eat it. What can I do? And how should I go about it?

Good news time. Added a yellow tail damsel and a Clarki to the tank amd they are doing awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
ApiratenamedJohn

Alright, picked up some aptaisia x finally. It went from one little aptaisia to two, so its time to stop messing around before it's an epidemic.

In other news I added a few new things, basically just bumped up the cuc. I did add a scutus. My lfs has a bunch. I might go get a couple more and give them these turbos. Doing water changes and cleaning now, pics will be up later tonight.

ApiratenamedJohn

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0837.jpg

IMG_0834.jpg

baby ric!

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0814.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0809.jpg

DAYUM! i love the tank. that sponge is awesome.

thanks sir. its my first sponge so im hoping i do right by it.

and just for fun

here is Coach

IMG_0968.jpg

and humphrey

IMG_0965.jpg

on their sunday at the park.

ApiratenamedJohn
looking good, sorry about your fish. Humphrey has kissey lips. :)

It's all gravy. And thank you.

Hahaha yeah we managed to snag a pic of one of his more goobery moments that day. Lol

Yours dogs are adorable! And this tank is awesome, from the clown to the sponge to the to the scorpion to the moray. Just great selection. B)

ApiratenamedJohn
Yours dogs are adorable! And this tank is awesome, from the clown to the sponge to the to the scorpion to the moray. Just great selection. B)

Thank you sir. How could I go wrong with awesome tanks like yours for inspiration and giant threads like yours to learn from. B)

ApiratenamedJohn

The eel is finally brave enough to eat during the lighted hours! :D

I can finally take some decent pics of him. They will be up soon.

Archived