Coral Vue Hydros

ApiratenamedJohn's cut throat cove (bc29)

ApiratenamedJohn

Good luck, that's gonna be a tough search. Not sure about the eel but most aren't considered reef safe, not only will it hunt your fish but also a lot of inverts.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ApiratenamedJohn
Cut throat cove? I love it!

It was either that or Arnold's nightmare... But I didn't think many people would get the Predator reference.

ApiratenamedJohn
Good luck, that's gonna be a tough search. Not sure about the eel but most aren't considered reef safe, not only will it hunt your fish but also a lot of inverts.

Yeah there are no shrimps in my tank. Both Houdini(the eel) and Terrance ( the leaf fish) eat them. But the eel leaves Terrance alone and he is pretty slow. I figure with an aggressive enough fish I should be fine. He just has to be a gangster @$$ fish.

I don't know about compatibility with the leaf fish but a red fuzzy dwarf lion would be sweet. I'm thinking of another nano just to have one of those guys...I want an aggressive tank to!

ApiratenamedJohn
I don't know about compatibility with the leaf fish but a red fuzzy dwarf lion would be sweet. I'm thinking of another nano just to have one of those guys...I want an aggressive tank to!

The only reason I'm hesitant to get one is that they are notoriously hard to get eating.

Get an eel goby.

I don't think an eel goby would be aggressive enough to hold his own against Terrance or Houdini. At the lfs I watched terrance swallow a fire fish twice his size. Half of it was hanging out so they chased him with the net till he let it go. Lol but I'd be afraid the same thing would happen with an eel goby.

The only reason I'm hesitant to get one is that they are notoriously hard to get eating.

Maybe find one that's eating already at the LFS...just a thought

ApiratenamedJohn

So the eel (Houdini) has been getting braver, which means he is digging and burying corals. I still only get to see him slithering back in to his hole. And I'm diggin out corals every morning. At least i get to see him finally. Hopefully soon he will be out long enough for pictures.

ApiratenamedJohn

Thanks. Lol I put them there cause I couldn't find any other good spot for em in the tank. But it started out with about half as many polyps, so it's doing well. :)

ApiratenamedJohn

Thanks, and a happy new year to you too metrokat. No, Humphrey just wore his red sweater. It gets too cold for him outside.

ApiratenamedJohn

IMG_0420.jpg

GUESS Whoooo!!!!

IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

he is finally getting braver.

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Stupid anemone...

IMG_0374.jpg

Nice pictures! Love the clean, open look. :)

And the clown! :wub:

thank you. more pics will be coming in a second as well. this time only terrance though.

Archived