Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

•••2011 Nano-reef Christmas gift exchange!•••

JR!

So here is the deal. It always feels great to put a smile on someones face with a nice christmas gift.

Rule are pretty simple.

•Must have at least 75 posts to join.

•Total value of gift/gifts must be between $20 to $50. If you really wanna spend/give more that is fine but understand that you may not get the same amount in return.

•Must enter before december 8th

•Name ,address and username must be emailed to me before december 12th

•Items must be reef related. (please no live stock)

•Items must be shipped by december 16th

E-mail- jer406@gmail.com

A list of all the usernames will be posted as people join.

Please make sure to post a photo of what you received and thanks to the person that send it to you.

Side note.

If you happen to live outside the us we will try to have you paired up with someone in the same country so shipping will be easier.

People signed up so far

surgicalsense

Trogdor447

flsvedlund

Evanski9

Gena

JoelRHale

Jrmiller

devilsadvocate

Spencer7

Spirofucci

Few more are thinking about it.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds like fun. Is it a secret santa sort of exchange where someone puts all the names on a list and we're pm'd a person...send out wrapped reef related things to our person, and then after they open and show pictures of what they got the secret santa can reveal themselves or not?

That's how I've seen them done on the internet before. I'd go in on it. You can set a dollar limit too. Definitely sounds like fun :)

This sounds like fun. Is it a secret santa sort of exchange where someone puts all the names on a list and we're pm'd a person...send out wrapped reef related things to our person, and then after they open and show pictures of what they got the secret santa can reveal themselves or not?

That's how I've seen them done on the internet before. I'd go in on it. You can set a dollar limit too. Definitely sounds like fun :)

thats how i have done it on forums before. seems to work perfect if everyone does their part :)

thats how i have done it on forums before. seems to work perfect if everyone does their part :)

Yep...it's a lot of fun. Most people do their part. When preparing your gift you just have to think, is this something I would want to receive? :)

No expired items. I would say it could be used items as long as they work and are clean (again, is what I'm sending something I would want to receive? :lol:). I know I have reef things sitting around that are new and unused/not expired, sitting here that could be put to good use by someone!

This is a great idea!

You might want to set a rule that no one with less than so many posts can be involved. Someone with 1 post may (not saying they would) just join for free goodies and not send anything out...know what I mean? Those with an established reputation on here would be the ideal to be involved. I would hate to exclude anyone but we all know how the internet can be.

all sounds good so far guys. as long as were not breaking any forum rules we should make sure this gets done.

Keep the idea coming so we can get partners made and gifts sent by christmas

I think I counted 9 so far, that sound like they are definitely in. You should start making a list of names. Have a cut off date for joining, like say 12-4 as the last day to sign up. That leaves three weeks to get the gifts together and mailed before Christmas.

I think I counted 9 so far, that sound like they are definitely in. You should start making a list of names. Have a cut off date for joining, like say 12-4 as the last day to sign up. That leaves three weeks to get the gifts together and mailed before Christmas.

sounds perfect to me. im starting the list now

HecticDialectics

Sounds pretty dumb. I'd rather spend $20 on something I know I need myself than flip a coin for some idiot on the internet to not screw me. If y'all are just exchanging a list of #### you want to buy for $20, it's beyond pointless. :lol:

Sounds pretty dumb. I'd rather spend $20 on something I know I need myself than flip a coin for some idiot on the internet to not screw me. If y'all are just exchanging a list of #### you want to buy for $20, it's beyond pointless. :lol:

Ba-humbug.

Archived