Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope
I wonder if it'll be friends with me.

Lolz! I often wonder if he's looking at his reflection or if he's pondering out into the world of the food god.

Love the pics!

Thanks Arkayology! Awesome name and pic BTW!

This tank is lookin' fab! Still following.

Thanks Nanotopia! I'm thinking about starting a clown fish dance party in the next post. ;)

jedimasterben
Lolz! I often wonder if he's looking at his reflection or if he's pondering out into the world of the food god.

:lol:

But I was kinda referring to this:

vz4us.jpg

:)

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope
bangaii cardinal: "dear food god. we pray for a bountiful harvest as we bask in your eternal glory."

*moves rhythmical in circles*

Lolz! "thy tweezers be great, and thy mysis shrimp holy."

Mr. Microscope

Tuh-tuh-tuh-TORCH!

Torch20120818A.jpg

YellowTorchRB20120725.jpg

yellowtorchmacro20120725.jpg

Yuh-yuh-yuh-YUMA

Yumas20120818A.jpg

Yumas20120818C.jpg

Killer Zoas. First shots I've been able to get of them since I got them five months ago. The Darth Mauls grew from two to ten polyps and the Untouchables grew from two to seven.

nightmares20120818.jpg

Untouchables20120818.jpg

Rainbow Acans!

orangeacans20120818A.jpg

Beautiful, aging nicely Mr M

Can I borrow your photographer? jk

Maybe he will become the annie leibovitz of reefing? Nice photos, very well done.

Love the tank and those clowns!

Mr. Microscope
Beautiful, aging nicely Mr M

Can I borrow your photographer? jk

Maybe he will become the annie leibovitz of reefing? Nice photos, very well done.

Love the tank and those clowns!

Thanks Friar! Yes, he is quite good, but I took the photos in that last post with the exception of the last two torch images. I got a tripod at a rummage sale for $3 yesterday! Definitely a fun toy.

Thanks Friar! Yes, he is quite good, but I took the photos in that last post with the exception of the last two torch images. I got a tripod at a rummage sale for $3 yesterday! Definitely a fun toy.

Oh yes, I was referring to the ones before the last post, where the clowns are dancing? Your shots are great too, couldn't tell the difference!

I wonder if it'll be friends with me.

Mine is still just hanging around mostly in the same few square inches .. and not swimming around much. am going to try a different food later on today to see whether he eats

Mr. Microscope
Mine is still just hanging around mostly in the same few square inches .. and not swimming around much. am going to try a different food later on today to see whether he eats

My bangaii will only eat frozen. He loves mysis and Rod's. It's really fun to watch him eat cause as much as he just hangs around in one spot, he shoots across the tank like a rocket at any frozen food in there (he's much faster than the clowns). It's cool to watch him hunt at night too. Sometimes I put some cyclope-eze in the tank after the lights go out and watch him act like Jaws. LOL!

Nice picasso b-grades? Still very sexy ahah.

Thanks IIX! I picked them out from a huge batch of captive bred percs. They were just sold as regular percs. So, I got them for a steal. They've been slowly getting more black. I also like their little side-burns.

Here's some more shots!

Clown Fish Dance Party Y'all!!!

uhns uhns uhns uhns

Clowns0820120725-1.jpg

Clowns0720120725.jpg

Clowns0620120725.jpg

Clowns0520120725.jpg

Clowns0420120725.jpg

Clowns0320120725.jpg

Clowns0220120725.jpg

Clowns0120120725.jpg

Clowns20120725.jpg

Edited by Mr. Microscope
My bangaii will only eat frozen. He loves mysis and Rod's. It's really fun to watch him eat cause as much as he just hangs around in one spot, he shoots across the tank like a rocket at any frozen food in there (he's much faster than the clowns). It's cool to watch him hunt at night too. Sometimes I put some cyclope-eze in the tank after the lights go out and watch him act like Jaws. LOL!

I got mine frozen Mysis yesterday and your description of the Banggai's behavior is right on the mark. Mine did the same yesterday, and just a few ago this morning when I fed about 1/2 a cube of it .. I used Piscine GE Mysis which are enhanced with Omega 3 and 6 HUFA's.

And yes whereas during the day he pretty much stays in the same spot (a few inches at most), when the lights are out he does venture to other areas of the tank, at least he did last night.

He is a pig as he devours the Mysis wtih "gusto" for sure

Beautuful clowns Mr M. I just got 2 clowns and they paired up right away. Their interaction is pretty awesome to watch. Your pictures capture it really well.

Beautiful tank all around.

Mr. Microscope
I got mine frozen Mysis yesterday and your description of the Banggai's behavior is right on the mark. Mine did the same yesterday, and just a few ago this morning when I fed about 1/2 a cube of it .. I used Piscine GE Mysis which are enhanced with Omega 3 and 6 HUFA's.

And yes whereas during the day he pretty much stays in the same spot (a few inches at most), when the lights are out he does venture to other areas of the tank, at least he did last night.

He is a pig as he devours the Mysis wtih "gusto" for sure

Hmm..I'll have to check that out. I'm using PE Mysis. Not sure about the difference. It's crazy how big their mouths are. I saw my cardinal yawn the other day. 'Bout thought it was going to start singing, "Old Man River."

I hope one day to have a tank big enough that I can get a few large spine black sea urchins to have bangaiis hang out in like they do in nature. Looks pretty cool.

Beautuful clowns Mr M. I just got 2 clowns and they paired up right away. Their interaction is pretty awesome to watch. Your pictures capture it really well.

Beautiful tank all around.

Thanks pyronus! Yeah, mine have been uber lovey-dovey since day one. Guess we got lucky. I have a friend who had a pair of clowns for five years and they never paired up (he's actually the one who took those images).

jedimasterben
Hmm..I'll have to check that out. I'm using PE Mysis. Not sure about the difference. It's crazy how big their mouths are. I saw my cardinal yawn the other day. 'Bout thought it was going to start singing, "Old Man River."

PE = Piscene Energetics, so you're using the right ones, I think Albert just mistyped. ;)

And yes, banggais have large mouths! No wonder they love to snack on big shrimp!

I hope one day to have a tank big enough that I can get a few large spine black sea urchins to have bangaiis hang out in like they do in nature. Looks pretty cool.

The one I use is a Canadian product and the GE was a typo as I just looked at the package and it does say PE and not GE ... my bad.

Yes on the large tank and having them hang out by a large black spine Sea Urchin, in fact I saw just that at the LFS yesterday but what was interesting is that about 20 or so Blue eyed gobies where hanging out by it too (Tryssogobius colini ). That was in a very large and shallow LPS and LPS frag tank. What a sight that was!

Edited by albertthiel
Mr. Microscope
PE = Piscene Energetics, so you're using the right ones, I think Albert just mistyped. ;)

And yes, banggais have large mouths! No wonder they love to snack on big shrimp!

Ah..thanks!

Yes on the large tank and having them hang out by a large black spine Sea Urchin, in fact I saw just that at the LFS yesterday but what was interesting is that about 20 or so Blue eyed gobies where hanging out by it too (Tryssogobius colini ). That was in a very large and shallow LPS and LPS frag tank. What a sight that was!

WOW! That had to be a sight. Very cool. Those blue eyes are a striking little fish. I'll have to do some research on them as well. Thanks Albert!

WOW! That had to be a sight. Very cool. Those blue eyes are a striking little fish. I'll have to do some research on them as well. Thanks Albert!

Yes it was indeed, and they were small and looked great swimming all together in that large school (for a frag tank at least)

I was tempted to buy one but like you I have to do some more research on them before I do so

Mr. Microscope
wow micro i see you stepped your game up!! tank looks amazing.

Thanks jdl! It's been quite a journey from pico to nano. As excited as I am to watch this tank grow and mature, I'm already planning my next build. It'll be a while, but it's inspiration to get a house (don't have the room for my next idea in an apartment). ;)