Coral Vue Hydros

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Congrats again Mr M! Always a great looking tank, well deserved.

Thank you Mark!

Congrats!!!!

Thank you tibbs!

Congrats man Stoked for ya- tanks looking fantastic as usual

Thank you Sk8n!

Congrats, thats a gorgeous tank! I'm combining two tanks into one, and you've inspired what my rockscape is going to be like. How have your anenomes been behaving? With so many, do they wander or just stay put?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Congrats, thats a gorgeous tank! I'm combining two tanks into one, and you've inspired what my rockscape is going to be like. How have your anenomes been behaving? With so many, do they wander or just stay put?

Happy to inspire Scuba!

They all stay in place and have for the last year or so at least. The only exception is the one that just split. Each clone went 3-4 inches in opposite directions and settled in new places. I won't guarantee they will all stay put as nems a known to suddenly go walking sometimes.

Mr. Microscope

nooooooooooooooooooooo. time for some interceptor.

Thinking I'll go the Bayer rout.

On the plus side, I just ordered a Tunze Osmolator. For the first time in the life of my aquarium I'll have a functioning ATO! I'll soon be able to leave the aquarium for more than three days. :)

• Like 6
Mr. Microscope

good choice if you can take the colonies out to dip.

Yes. That shouldn't be too bad. They're on my big nasuta, Palmer's Blue, and Joe the Coral. My Joe has some really stellar colors at the moment - super intense blue on the tips. So, I'm hesitant to dip that one, but I guess it will recover.

I just caught up - sorry about the red bugs, but congrats on TOTM omgomgomg

It's well deserved :)

Are you going to use the bayer dip? I thought that was a very mild dip for acros, so may your joe the coral will be ok?

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I just caught up - sorry about the red bugs, but congrats on TOTM omgomgomg

It's well deserved :)

Are you going to use the bayer dip? I thought that was a very mild dip for acros, so may your joe the coral will be ok?

Thank you teeny! Yes, I hope it does the job.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

So, I'm not so sure I actually have redbugs. Do other pods crawl around on acros?

FTS time:
FTS 2016.05.01
FTS%202016.05.01_zpso4us3ogk.jpg

I also installed my Tunze Osmolator a little more than a week ago. My word! This thing works like a dream! I'm using an old 7.5 gallon 12 inch Mr. Aqua tank as my reservoir. Now, I just have to come up with a cover so that my cat stops trying to steal my top-off water.

Tunze_zpstr1xfawh.jpg

• Like 5
teenyreef

Beautiful FTS as always! I keep wondering what the secret is to keeping everything out the shadows with your scape :)

I really like my Tunze Osmolator, I don't think I could keep a tank without one :)

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Beautiful FTS as always!

I really like my Tunze Osmolator, I don't think I could keep a tank without one :)

Thank you teeny!

I keep wondering what the secret is to keeping everything out the shadows with your scape :)

Verrrrrry careful rock/aquascaping. ;)
  • Like 2

Yea, other pods can be seen from time to time. I would only react if acros show stress.

Need pics of Joe TC! Tank looks fantastic.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Yea, other pods can be seen from time to time. I would only react if acros show stress.

Yes, that's what I've been wondering. This is specifically true with my Joe where I first noticed something crawling around (also, it wasn't red). You can see my JTC in the top left of the FTS with very nice blue tips. I'll try to get a better pic of it tonight. Thank you for the request!
  • Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Got some Joe pics for ya! Upon further evaluation of these images, I'm wondering if AEFW's are making a comeback. Though, the color intensity is throwing me off. I thought they would be getting all dull with an infestation. Hmmm..

JTC%2002%202016.05.02_zpsxdw9nekd.jpg

JTC%2001%202016.05.02_zpsmf6meutg.jpg

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

It's stressed, skin looks thin unfortunately. Hell, looks better than most of my SPS though. :D I would dip.

Yeah, it's weird, lol! Thank you for your input. I'll see what falls off. Think I'll try to tackle that tonight.
  • Like 1