Cultivated Reef

Mr. Microscope's Cube 2.1

Mr. Microscope

Wow! This latest set of photos is just stunning! Those acan colonies never cease to impress me! Everything is looking so wonderful and the growth in there is just amazing!

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

:bowdown: those acans...so fluffy

;)

Oooo la la...very nice! The colors are just beautiful! I love the torch too! Very neon green and healthy. Wonderful tank! Great shots!

Thank you M2M!

I really love that torch because it's dark there and it's like it's floating.

Yes, there is rock there. I swear! lol. Want a frag of my Anti-Gravity Torch? $10K/head.

Very cool tank, i love the colors and the way you layed it out.

Thank you vlangel!

Tank looks absolutely beautiful! :wub:

Thank you yoshii!

Wow! This latest set of photos is just stunning! Those acan colonies never cease to impress me! Everything is looking so wonderful and the growth in there is just amazing!

Thank you Felicia! More to come very soon :ninja:

Tank looks amazing!

You still have any of the corals I gave you?

Thank you Roger. For some amazing reason, the Hurlock RTN'd on me. I don't understand why I lost that one and not some other ones that were more sensitive. I still have the Katropora though. :)

• Like 3
Mr. Microscope

You're pavonia is amazing, it makes me miss mine...

Thank you! It's really one of my favorite pieces.

My hurlocks kept getting abused getting stung my anemones and bubble corals, I was really hoping some lived for you, cause I needed a restart. :(

D'oh! Sorry about that.

Yes, more please! :)

:ninja:
  • Like 1

Look at you and your :ninja:'ing! CONGRATULATIONS! So well deserved! Long overdue for sure, but so cool to win with a 4 year old tank! :D

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I love your pictures and your tank seems just incredible, thanks for sharing!

Thank you for your kind words hinnenkm!

Congrat on April TOTM! Well deserved and beautiful tank.

Thank you MrReefer! Reef-on!

Look at you and your :ninja:'ing! CONGRATULATIONS! So well deserved! Long overdue for sure, but so cool to win with a 4 year old tank! :D

Tee-hee! Thank you Felicia!

It's true... love all of those fluffy mature colonies. Congratulations!

Me too! lol

Thank you Pinner!

So cool to be featured again! Awesome job, the tank looks amazing. :happydance:

Thank you Jay! I'm excited to see your new reef come together.

Congratulations! So very well deserved. I hope my tank is still going strong in four years!

Thank you M2M!

• Like 4
Elizabeth94

Incredible tank. Ill have to go back and see how this started out.

What kind of glue do you use? I would never be able to glue anything on a vertical column like this with my crappy gel glue. I need something that hardens fast so I don't have to hold my coral in place forever.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

Awesome tank! Congrats again. Btw you're the first to recognize the Octonauts, great show for fish geeks.

Thank you! Yes, I love watching that with my son. He really gets into it.

Incredible tank. Ill have to go back and see how this started out.

What kind of glue do you use? I would never be able to glue anything on a vertical column like this with my crappy gel glue. I need something that hardens fast so I don't have to hold my coral in place forever.

Thank you Elizabeth!

To glue anything to a rock, follow this simple formula:

coral >>> super glue gel>>>ball of epoxy>>>super glue gel>>>rock

You make kind of a sandwich. Just smoosh it into a crevice, and voila!

For superglue, I reccomend IC Gel. I've tried a lot of brands and I believe you get the most bang for your buck with this stuff as the tip doesn't get easily clogged.

For epoxy, I use DD Aquascape or the Tunze Putty. It's the same stuff, different brand. This is a two-part that you mix together prior to use, but it doesn't have any smell to it like other two-part epoxies. The only downfall is that you really only have one shot at it underwater. If you screw up with it, you'll need to start over again. Also, if you work it too hard under water, it will cloud up your water.

Happy Coral Mounting!

I've always enjoyed this tank because I loved it's look like it's a strand of DNA twisted. So happy for this. I know this tank inspires! And I thank you again for confirming my dino disaster. I just got my 40g wet tonight, new thread down below. Still making water. Congrats! And, THANK YOU for showing a four yr old tank. It's nice to see tanks that have been around and look so good and damn colorful.

• Like 1
Mr. Microscope

I've always enjoyed this tank because I loved it's look like it's a strand of DNA twisted. So happy for this. I know this tank inspires! And I thank you again for confirming my dino disaster. I just got my 40g wet tonight, new thread down below. Still making water. Congrats! And, THANK YOU for showing a four yr old tank. It's nice to see tanks that have been around and look so good and damn colorful.

Thank you Annette! I'm really excited to see how your new build turns out. That gulf rock is so amazing!

congrats!!!

Thank you ninja!