Cultivated Reef

devils 20l-closed.

devilsadvocate

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sick looking clam. the filter, you'll probably not want those sponges and stuff in there unless you religiously clean them off.. they trap a lot of crap, but that crap buildup will release back into your tank eventually if it's not cleaned often enough.

devilsadvocate

Making progress on my stand. Should be finishing it this week or early next week.

It will have a pine(back) and fir(front) wood finish. Should be a very pretty stand. 040c0f97.jpg

devilsadvocate
Thinking it's definitely sturdy... haha

yeah, totally. but its all free. the school is paying for it all. YAY PROPER USE OF TAX PAYERS MONEY!

devilsadvocate

also i had an idea for a fuge in my sump. im using a 29 gallon sump(sitting in the garage) if i sectioned off like 10 or so inches for the fuge and have a really tall baffle on it, and drill a hole in it and have a very low gph pump, could i just let it over flow into the mine sump through cut teeth? could it work?

In that case, why not just run the intake into the fuge, same concept, less equipment. Unless you are trying to dial a specific amount of flow through it.

You could also make the middle section the fuge, place the intake in the left side with all of you heaters and what not, or you could also split a section off of the return pipe and run it into the fuge section with a ball valve on it. That way you could regulate the amount of flow going into it. Another option eliminating power usage.

Just some thoughts.

Archived