CONSTANTNE's 40 Breeder SPS Tank

CONSTANTNE

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Marco Madeira

Very nice tank!! Congrats! ;)

How can you take so beautiful photos with leds? I cannot do it over my Par38 led tank.

Once again, congrats for the nice tank and great scape!

How can you take so beautiful photos with leds? I cannot do it over my Par38 led tank.

I'm interested in this also!

My guess is the Canon T1i ...

But I agree with everyone above, this is an amazing tank and NEEDs more photos. More FTSs and it's TOTM potential for sure.

1.) Beautiful tank and coral growth!!

2.) Are you still using the (2) MP's for water movement coupled with your return? If so, how do the zoas respond to that much movement? Do any of them get finicky at all? Is the flow trimmed down at all? Sorry for the newbie questions! I used to have a pico and am exploring the realm of getting a 40B.

Where can I get some of them maryjane palys? I like!

I actually got them through a trade. You really dont see them selling too often. Would love to frag but they are growing on my rocks now and its tough to frag them.

Thank you! Working with LEDs is definitely harder. I shoot in RAW format and then adjust the photo with canon software and photoshop.

My guess is the Canon T1i ...

But I agree with everyone above, this is an amazing tank and NEEDs more photos. More FTSs and it's TOTM potential for sure.

You got it right castiel. I would say any camera that can shoot in RAW you should have the ability to adjust the photo on the computer much more than jpegs.

Thanks! Would love to get TOTM one day. Problem is I just keep buying frags and my sandbed is starting to fill up and I dont have that clean look right now lol.

1.) Beautiful tank and coral growth!!

2.) Are you still using the (2) MP's for water movement coupled with your return? If so, how do the zoas respond to that much movement? Do any of them get finicky at all? Is the flow trimmed down at all? Sorry for the newbie questions! I used to have a pico and am exploring the realm of getting a 40B.

Thanks! Yes, I am using an MP40 and MP10 across from each other. I would say the MP10 is on 80% and the MP40 is on 50-60%. MP10 is on Nutrient Export which will do waves and then switch to fast and slow movement. MP40 is on Reef Crest. The MP10 wet side was sent in to Ecotech because the whole wetside piece would start spinning like crazy. About a month ago also the MP10 would get really loud but for some reason that stopped now. Was loud for a month. I added the MP10 about a year after tank was set up and corals were growing.

Keep asking questions I dont mind at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thought this was a cool shot

Sept.jpg

Question about this happening..Why are the corals not stinging each other? My SPS corals touched and the tips for a day and ended up killing off the ends.

Robert

• 2 months later...
basicfisherman

I have been searching around this site for 40 breeder setups and yours looks very nice! For your return line into the tank you just drilled a 3/4 inch hole for that I assume? If so when the pump shuts off you just have to make sure you have the space in your sump for the water in the tank to syphon back into the sump correct?

• 2 months later...

What are you talking about bro, mang your tank is amazing, i can't believe i never seen this thread. It's so crazy how you got some good healthy growth. hopefully someday mine can grow out like yours. Do you update often because i would like to get to know your tank more. :)

This tank is just sick.

What about some updates pics??

Thank you! I know im slacking with the pictures and replying! This post was from JANUARY!!!

:o Tank looks awesome Gus!

Great job! Sweet pichurs too!

B)

Thank you I appreciate it!

MOAR PICS! :)

Coming this week hopefully lol. Kept you waiting long enough right? Haha

Question about this happening..Why are the corals not stinging each other? My SPS corals touched and the tips for a day and ended up killing off the ends.

Robert

Believe it or not none of my SPS have stung or killed each other. I guess I taught them to play nice.

I have been searching around this site for 40 breeder setups and yours looks very nice! For your return line into the tank you just drilled a 3/4 inch hole for that I assume? If so when the pump shuts off you just have to make sure you have the space in your sump for the water in the tank to syphon back into the sump correct?

Thank you basic! Yes just one return and I drilled the hole pretty high plus I can then adjust the locline to adjust how much water it draws to the sump when the power is out.

What are you talking about bro, mang your tank is amazing, i can't believe i never seen this thread. It's so crazy how you got some good healthy growth. hopefully someday mine can grow out like yours. Do you update often because i would like to get to know your tank more. :)

Hahaha growth has been pretty good. Im hoping on my next 100g setup with calcium reactor my growth is even better. I have to start updated more often.

Hey gus wheres the update brother?!

Rehype! Bringing my thread up from the dead lol. I known't been taking much pictures (if any). I will try to update this week :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived