ReefCleaners.org

[FS] CREE LED Fixture, open to offers

Trick

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will if you put things up high in the column, they need to start out low in the tank before you put them near the surface, the sandbed is a good place to start if they aren't high light in the first place.

I have things high up in my tank but they didn't start high up. They got moved up gradually. I once placed a monti about 2/3 of the way up and it just got cooked. I generally start things in the middle and then move them up from there if i want them to eventually be higher.

Good news is you won't ever need more light.

(this is great news by the way)

Yes, you can keep your glass canopy, but i'm not sure how much light the glass will hold back. What are your tank dimensions? If it's a 25 gallon then it probably has similar dimensions to my tank which only holds like 30 gallons in the display, so there really isn't much of a difference.

Since you don't have any livestock you don't have to worry about acclimating your corals from say Power compacts or t5s to the LED's. Just start the LPS, softies on the sand and gradually move them up to wherever you want them. Sps can start in the bottom 1/3 to middle part of the tank and move up from there. That's how i did mine. I used to have this light over a fifteen gallon tall before i upgraded to the CAD with much of the same livestock. It's a huge upgrade from power compacts let me tell you that.

Acclimating your corals to your lights is a good general rule of thumb for most high output lighting systems and it is especially important if the critter are going from lower lighting to higher lighting applications.

Archived